cant find a good scool close to home, son loves to learn
    Unregistered Guest

Default cant find a good scool close to home, son loves to learn

i have been thinking about homeschooling for awhile i am just not sure how to go about doing it. How much does it cost? Do i sign up for it and if so where? is there any certifications or fees that i have to pay in order to be legal? Is it like going tocollege online or do i have to take my son to a school during th week? Who do i contact? How do i get the items needed? I am so lost and everything i read is just making me more confused. I live in montgomery alabama, just moved here in april and so far not impressed with the school system. The schools i want my son to go to refuse to let him go because we are outside of the area covered. He is starting 1st grade this year and loves to learn but is starting to hate it because of the experiences he has had here. I want him to get excited about it again and he wants to try homeschooling. Please someone help me. Tasha

jericazeller is offline Junior Member Newbie

Hello Tasha,

I am new to homeschooling myself. HSLDA: Homeschooling Advocates since 1983 has some great information regarding homeschooling laws. I am using New Hope Academy for my cover school. For more information visit New Hope Academy

MamaToHerRoo is offline Senior Member

Welcome to Homeschooling Guide by Time4Learningis a great source to answer some of your questions. In Alabama, you will need to have a cover school to homeschool, unless you choose the private tutor option. Look for a support group near you to find other homeschoolers in your area. Those homeschooling parents will be a great source of information, support, and friends for both you and your child. Please feel free to ask questions as they come up and we hope to see you around the forums!
    Linda
    Homeschooling one for 8 years and counting!