Hello everyone! As promised in my Fall Traditions post, below is one of the great recipes that my family loves! This is certainly not a new recipe, but a great one, nonetheless! I hope you enjoy it!

Chicken Broccoli Braid

INGREDIENTS

* 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
* 1 cup chopped fresh broccoli florets
* 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
* 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
* 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
* 1 garlic clove, minced
* 1 teaspoon dill weed
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 cup mayonnaise
* 2 (8 ounce) cans refrigerated crescent rolls
* 1 egg white, lightly beaten
* 2 tablespoons slivered almonds

DIRECTIONS

1. In a bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Stir in mayonnaise. Unroll both tubes of crescent roll dough into one long rectangle on an ungreased baking sheet. Roll into a 15-in. x 12-in. rectangle, sealing seams and perforations. Spoon chicken mixture down center third of dough.
2. On each long side, cut eight strips about 3-1/2 in. into the center. bring one strip from each side over filling and pinch ends to seal; repeat. Brush with egg white. Sprinkle with almonds. Bake at 375 degrees F for 15-20 minutes or until filling is heated through and top is golden brown.

YUM! The bread is included so I just serve with a tossed salad.

APPLE DUMPLINGS

Ingredients:

2 large Granny Smith Apples, peeled and cored
2 cans refrigerated crescent roll dough
1 cup butter (best if you use the "real deal")
1 1/2 cups white sugar
1 teaspoon apple pie spice (or you can substitute cinnamon only)
12 oz. orange juice (you can substitute with citrus flavored soda such as Mt. Dew)

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 C). Grease a 9 x 13 baking dish.
2. Cut each apple into 8 wedges and set aside.
3. Separate the crescent roll dough so that two triangles are intact, making a square.
4. Place two wedges in the center of each square and bring the dough up around the apples, pinching together and slightly twisting the
dough at top. (It should resemble the top of a drawstring purse.) Place into prepared baking dish.
5. Pour orange juice over dumplings.
6. Melt butter in small saucepan and stir in sugar and cinnamon. Pour over dumplings.
7. Bake for 35 to 45 minutes in the preheated oven or until golden brown.