HELP!!!!! New to homeschool
    Teri.Lea is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default HELP!!!!! New to homeschool

I am new to homeschooling. My daughter is starting 10th grade and just need any kind of (good) help in navigating what I need to do.
    I am going to start her on T4L's courses but was told I need to find out what the other things required by my state (AL) she needs to be taking. Any help with this at all would be greatly appreciated. I have have trying hard to figure all this out on my own over the last month and a half to two months, as this was a quick decision to change out of public schools to homeschool. And I really have no idea what I am doing. Feeling very overwhelmed. And also, as it is now coming to the end of september, I need her enrolled ASAP!

Thanks!
    Teri

MamaToHerRoo is offline Senior Member

Welcome to Time4Learning! The thing you need to do first in Alabama is find a church (cover or umbrella) school. You can find one of these by searching the internet for a cover school in Alabama. They will help you get legal with the state. It is sort of the cover school's job to be the interface between the homeschooler and the county and state. After you get that part started your child should be able to start homeschooling. Hope that helps!
    Linda
    Homeschooling one for 8 years and counting!