Homeschooling in Jefferson county AL
    Unregistered Guest

Default Homeschooling in Jefferson county AL

I have decided to look into homeschooling my daughter due to a number of reasons. Mainly bullying. I have absolutely no idea where to start with this process. I called the board of education but I have not had a retuned call back. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

katshu2 is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi there! So sorry to hear about your daughter being bullied. I'm not in Alabama, but I wanted to share a couple of links with you that might help while you're waiting for others to chime in...

Here is a Homeschooling in Alabama page where you can find links to laws and additional resources. Also, there is this free ebook download, How to Homeschool, that is full of tips and advice from veteran homeschoolers. Hopefully it can help calm your nerves/worries...at least a little.

Good luck and please feel free to ask any questions you have, on any of the boards here.
    Katie
    Coffee drinker, gadget addict, proud geek.
    Accidentally homeschooling since 2005!

TheMamaSkillet Guest

Hi there!

I also went through figuring out how to homeschool in Jefferson County. They sure don't make it easy that's for sure! I found this great umbrella program called Alabama Hope Academy, online. There are no mandatory religious obligatory letters or any religious requirements to enroll. (That was a big deal for me. We are Christian, but don't think we should be forced to confine to a particular church group.) All you do is go on the website alabamahopeacademy.com and click enroll! Now, you will have to have withdrawal papers from the school system, but the lady that runs the program is super nice if you have any questions. She sends your enrollment forms via email, then you digitally sign the enrollment forms, send them back...and BAM! You're a homeschooler! We're going on 4 years now and wouldn't change a thing!

Hope this helps!