homeschooling questions
    Unregistered Guest

Question homeschooling questions

I have a 2 year old and a 5 month old. We are seriously considering homeschooling them when the time arrives..BUT I had no idea about the laws Alabama has about this. I was really wanting to make my own curriculum and be their teacher. I'm not certified and I really don't want a teacher coming into my home. Would we have to put them in a church school of some sort to do this?
    My main reason for wanting to homeschool was so I could make all our lesson plans and be involved in their schooling.
    How does this all work? Are the church schools just labeled "home schooling" or can I actualy HOME school?
    Please help me clear this up,
    Kate

MamaToHerRoo is offline Senior Member

Kate,
    I apologize for the late reply,apparently I didn't get notified of your post. Anyway, let me start you off with this link which will give you some basics on homeschooling in Alabama. If you need further information, or have questions, please feel free to post them here and we will try to get the answers for you.
    As for the church schools, or umbrella schools, as they are sometimes called, it is probably possible to find a church school that will let you school the way you want to. There are quite a number of church schools in Alabama, and some of them do not require letters of faith or anything like that. Some are very hands on, others are very hands off. They come in all price ranges as well. Check out the link and then check bck with us here.
    Hope that helped a little!
    Linda
    Homeschooling one for 8 years and counting!