I'm thinking about homeschooling in Birmingham, AL
    Unregistered Guest

Default I'm thinking about homeschooling in Birmingham, AL

Last week we made a difficult decision to withdraw our 17 yo son from a private school, that he attended since his 2nd grade. It's March of his Junior year. We don't feel, that enrolling him in a public school will be beneficial for him. We also don't feel, that trying another private school would help him either. Our next logical choice is to try homeschooling. I never tried to homeschool before and honestly don't even know where to start. I need any help I can get. I tried AL BOE website, but it was not helpful and difficult to navigate at.
    I would appreciate any suggestion or information about homeschooling in AL
    Thank you!

lovehmschlg is offline Forum Moderator

Hello. Welcome to the Time4Learning Parent forum. Time4Learning has a free Homeschool Guide that may be helpful for you.

Time4Learning high school offers an online curriculum made up of courses that correlate to state standards. Time4Learning is not a school. The majority of T4L users are homeschoolers. Some use it as their primary curriculum, while others use it to supplement or as part of an eclectic approach. With homeschooling, the parent is the school and teacher of record, taking full responsibility for structuring and supervising the student's high school curriculum. This includes signing the diploma. All 50 states in the U.S. allow parents to issue a homeschool diploma to a child they feel has met or exceeded the guidelines for high school graduation. Time4Learning Progress Reports may be used to create a transcript if the student will be attending college.
    You might also like to visit www.LetsHomeschoolHighSchool.com for some more in depth information regarding high school homeschooling.

For information on homeschooling in Alabama, just follow the link I provided. And this is the legal analysis of the homeschool laws for Alabama taken from the Homeschool Legal Defense Association website.

I hope all that is helpful to you! Best wishes.
    Janet
    enjoying homeschooling and learning with my kids, using T4L and T4W
    blogging our homeschool experiences at The Learning Hourglass

StephanieCoke is offline Junior Member Newbie

We are in pretty much the same boat as your family. We are pulling our son out of public school starting his junior year. We are nervous and excited about the journey we are about to begin and will be needing guidance from people with experience. Thank goodness for this place.