Looking for umbrella in or close to Florence
    bamaag is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Looking for umbrella in or close to Florence

Hello,
    I am looking to start home schooling my 8th grade son beginning next semester. I am unhappy with the bullying and some other issues within the school. I am looking for support groups, activity groups, as well as an umbrella. Any other advice is also GREATLY welcomed!

MamaToHerRoo is offline Senior Member

Bamaag,
    I can't really help you with specific suggestions for support groups, or umbrellas, but I can point you at this list of groups in Alabama.
    Perhaps you will find something that you are looking for there.
    My biggest piece of advice is to let your son have a small decompression time. Sometimes students aren't able to just turn off the public school view on learning, and switch to the homeschool way of learning very easily. The longer they have been in the institutional school setting the harder it seems. It is like the child is resistant to opening up and letting the information come at them at their own pace. So, take it easy as you start homeschooling, and don't put too much pressure on him or on yourself. Time4Learning handles a lot of the little details so that you both can relax and just learn.
    Hope this helps, and if you have any questions please feel free to ask!
    Linda
    Homeschooling one for 8 years and counting!