Mobile, AL

Thread: Mobile, AL

Unregistered Guest

Smile Mobile, AL

I have 4 children: 6yr old, 5yr old, 1 yr old boys and a 2mos baby girl. I want to home school so badly because I think it would be a fun wonderful beneficial experience for my family. I'm a wahm for Alpine but I intend to return to outside employment as an lpn. I want to know if homeschooling would be a good idea in my case. I want to do it but I'm afraid I will struggle and regret it and cause more harm than good. The public school environment: shading a class room with uninterested students and teachers alike just isn't conducive for promoting creativity and a desire to discover and learn. I am literally fantasizing about homeschooling but I am wondering would this be an option being a mother of 4 kids, husband is not working on and disability, and I will be working full time outside the home as a nurse maybe overnight. I do not know what homeschooling entails so maybe an experienced homeschooler can enlighten me?

I am in the mobil, al area and would definitely love to connect with any other homeschooling parents in our around mobile

lovehmschlg is offline Forum Moderator

I'm going to 'copy' your post over to the forum Working Parents. I'll also leave it here in the hopes that someone in Mobile will reply to you. There are actually several forum you could post your questions on, like "Thinking of Using Time4Learning". So you can check out the forums here to see if you'd like to do that. Or maybe visit the other forums to get an idea of how other parents do it.

I can speak personally that I found Time4Learning precisely when I had to start working outside the home part time. I have 3 children whom I homeschool. My husband also works. So I needed to find something that would track the work for us. I was so happy to find Time4Learning, especially because my daughter really enjoys it. But its a big help, too, that I don't have to prepare lessons. And the progress reports makes record-keeping easier for me. All this also frees me up to spending more time with my children.

If you are really interested in homeschooling, I would encourage you to try it. If it doesn't work out for your family, you can always put your kids back in school. It doesn't have to be a final decision. Also, maybe consider doing it with one or two of your kids to start. Although because we've been homeschooling since the very beginning, I would just jump in. Especially if I have a program like Time4Learning.
    I think this Guide for New Homeschoolers should be very helpful for you. It was put together by some of time4learning's veteran homeschool moms.

Hopefully others will chime in with their own thoughts. Best wishes!! I hope to see you around the forums and let us know what you decided and how you're doing.
    Janet
    enjoying homeschooling and learning with my kids, using T4L and T4W
    blogging our homeschool experiences at The Learning Hourglass