New to AL

Thread: New to AL

J2thecox is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default New to AL

Hi! I live in CA and through a charter school homeschool my 2 kids. We receive funding for supplies, books, extra curricular activities etc.
    We're moving to AL and I'm needing help finding a covering to homeschool. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Unregistered Guest

Default Trying to help

Quote Originally Posted by J2thecox View Post
    Hi! I live in CA and through a charter school homeschool my 2 kids. We receive funding for supplies, books, extra curricular activities etc.
    We're moving to AL and I'm needing help finding a covering to homeschool. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
    Hi. In Alabama, if you choose to homeschool your child, you have two choices. You can either "be" or hire a certified tutor to teach your child at home. The other, which is the most commonly used, is to find a church who participates in homeschooling. I do not know which county you are moving to, but check with the BOE in the county you are living in, in Alabama and they will give you a list of churches that participate. Go to that church, take your child's school records (including birth certificate) and they will enroll you through their church. Then, they will give you a list of approved online websites (such as this one) to homeschool your child. You will have to pay a fee to the church and your child will be enrolled through the church, but most churches deduct the price that you pay for this homeschool fees from their tuition. It's not as difficult as it sounds. Just be sure to contact, prefferably call, the BOE in the county of you are going to live. They can answer your questions of approved churches in your area. I hope that helps!