New to homeschooling!!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By lorimclaney

Thread: New to homeschooling!!

lorimclaney is offline Junior Member

Default New to homeschooling!!

Following advice from an original post, I'm visiting and introducing myself to my state support group!! My name is Lori McLaney and I'm a working wife and mother of three. My husband and I are on separate shifts, so we think this is going to work well!!! Abbi is 10yrs old and going into 5th grade!
    Nancy Davis likes this.

cjohnpam Guest

Thumbs up Welsome

Welcome to home schooling! This is our 3rd year. I have a son who is now in 6th grade. Time 4 Learning has been awesome in our past two years so we are looking forward to this years curriculum. We hope you and your children enjoy the benefits, luxury and blessings that comes along with freedom of school choice!
    Good Luck.
    Pam

MamaToHerRoo is offline Senior Member

Welcome Lori and Pam!
    We are glad to have you both here. I have been homeschooling my daughter for 5 1/2 years. She has been with Time4Learning from the very beginning of homeschooling. She will be finishing 6th grade and starting 7th. Our school year runs all year not just the traditional August through May, so she doesn't finish grades in May. We absolutely love T4L!
    You might enjoy reading The Welcome to Homeschooling Guide. Feel free to ask any questions you might have and welcome to Time4Learning!
    Linda
    Homeschooling one for 8 years and counting!

Unregistered Guest

Cool Hello!

I tried homeschooling with my child in 5th grade by putting together my own lesson plans and books, and it did not go well. I ended up overwhelmed and discouraged and placed him back into a private school. I found time4learning the following year and he absolutely loved it (as well as me). He even wanted to do work on the weekends. But anyay welcome to homeschooling.

Unregistered Guest

Smile New to Time 4 Learning!

Hello My name is Christy and my daughter just started a couple of months ago. She is 7 and loving Time for Learning. I love it to because I am a stay at home mom.And I am there if she ever needs help. I just wanted to come in and introduce myself.

Welcome to Time4Learning and to the Alabama forum! We are very glad to have you here. Don't you love being able to respond to her needs when she has them and not waiting until after you pick her up from school, or not even knowing what her needs are until there is a serious problem?
    It is great to be able to help her just as she needs the help, it makes kids less frustrated, and really gets them to enjoy learning!

I thought I would mention another site that is a lot of fun, expecial for 7 year olds, and that is Learning Games for Kids. It is in the T4L family of sites so you can trust the content. There are many different educational games there, including keyboarding and geography games.
    I also want to mention Welcome to Homeschooling Guide . You might find some useful info there.

Again, welcome, and happy homeschooling!
    Linda

Unregistered Guest

Talking New to homeschooling-New to Alabama!

Hello all-

Just dropping in as suggested. My husband & I just moved to Huntsville & decided to begin homeschooling our 2 older children (8 & 7)....trying to get the swing of things! So far T4L is great so far. Is anyone in my area...if so any ideas for activities or get togethers? Always looking for events & such!

Hey! Glad to have you aboard! Make sure you check out the Welcome to Homeschooling Guide.
    What made you decide to homeschool? Are your children liking homeschool so far?

My daughter was middle of first grade when I pulled her out of public school to homeschool. I never wanted to homeschool, but now, almost 6 years later, I can't imagine any other way of life. Sure, we have days when things don't go perfectly as I planned, but even those days are better than the best days in public school. Anyway, let us know how you are doing and if you have any questions. Happy homeschooling!
    Linda