We just joined time4learning
    freddiesmom Guest

Lightbulb We just joined time4learning

Hello everyone, I am Freddie's mom, Donna, and we just joined time4learning. He is 12 yrs old and has Asperger's Syndrome and ADHD just to start but he is very sweet and smart. I look forward to getting to meet everyone. I hope this is the program for my son as he does love computers. Does anyone else have children with special needs and if so can you let me know how the program is working out for your family? Thank you, freddiesmom

Unregistered Guest

Hi Donna, I have a 13 year old daughter with Aspergers and ADD. She has done very well in a private school until this year but I knew we needed a change. Homeschooling has been a huge learning process for us both. She loves computers, as well, so having this option has been a great help. Our biggest obstacle was trying to do what worked for others and not understanding that it has to fit the child's individual way of learning.
    Once we realized this and relaxed a bit it has been very enjoyable for both of us. We work at a slower pace but thats alright. She no longer has all the anxiety and that makes all the difference int the world. I hope your son enjoys Time 4 Learning as much as we have.
    Gena

MamaToHerRoo is offline Senior Member

Hello Donna and Gena,
    Welcome to Time4Learning! My daughter is ADHD. We have been using Time4Learning for 5 years now and I can't imagine any other way of educating my child. She loves the computer, she loves how the lessons are interactive and can move at the pace she determines. Sometimes that pace is snail slow, other times she amazes me with how fast she can grasp the information in the form it is presented. My daughter seems to be thriving in her education, and for the most part, she does not get too distracted away from the lessons because they are engaging. Holding her interest is always a good sign.

I just wanted to add another site that might be of help. Vocabulary.co.il (I know it is a weird address, but yes, that is the address!) is a site that has additional games in a number of subjects that will allow your computer loving kids to have some additional practice and re-enforcement. It is not just vocabulary, but offers practice in grammer and a couple of other subjects, as well.
    Linda
    Homeschooling one for 8 years and counting!