Autism

Thread: Autism

jobwriter is offline Junior Member Newbie

Thumbs up Autism

Hello all,
    Tomorrow we will begin my son Gaven's first day with T4L. He played with the demo lessons for about 8 hours today and was loving it. Hopefully the lessons are just as interesting for him. Gaven is 5 years old and in Kindergarten, he is Autistic and has had some challenges attending regular school. He is non-verbal, but very smart and the school system cannot really move him along into mainstream 1st grade next year if he is unable to communicate, but if he is able to do the work I would rather he not be held back. We are really hoping that this is the ticket and he will finally be able to live up to his full potential.
    Really Excited,
    Chris, Jodie and Gaven

mamaneedham is offline Senior Member

Welcome to T4L!

Thanks for the introduction. It sounds like your son is off to a good start already if he spent hours with the demo lessons. Great! You may also find the Special Needs forum here to be helpful, but of course feel free to post here again if you run into any problems. Glad to have you join us!
    Mom to five of the world's most incredible kids, and homeschooling all the way!

"If the schools were perfect, I would still homeschool my children - because it isn't about school. It's about families taking back their children and educating them as they see best. School is only a substitute for the real thing."

Nutrition Curriculum For Homeschoolers at NutritionForHealthyKids.com

LizzyBee is offline Junior Member Newbie

Hello! I have just gotten my son here, and he is one that has struggled with school as well. He's in fourth grade, and thankfully is verbal, but he has Autism and Bi-Polar disorder which make any classroom difficult for him. He has loved working on the lessons, and once he gets into the groove of this education style, one that has requirements, but according to what I think he needs, that he can do some of the playground things as well during the day. This has been the first time in all the different things we have tried that he has logged on and started working without me. It is amazing!

Largefamilymama is offline Junior Member Newbie

Hello, my son has Aspergers Syndrome and I know it's tough to homeschool. Although he has higher functioning autism, it definitely has it's challenges. Meet Virginia

lovehmschlg is offline Forum Moderator

Hi, Virginia (Jenny).
    I just went over to your blog. You have a beautiful family!

We've been homeschooling since the beginning. I have a daughter with Down syndrome, and she loves T4L. We're so excited now that Time4Learning has added high school to the site!! I won't have to worry about what we will be switching to as she continues to progress. We are so grateful for this program.

Thanks for sharing your bog!
    Janet
    enjoying homeschooling and learning with my kids, using T4L and T4W
    blogging our homeschool experiences at The Learning Hourglass