Homeschooling in Flagstaff, Arizona.. Is anyone out there?
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Unregistered
  • 1 Post By jmelton

Thread: Homeschooling in Flagstaff, Arizona.. Is anyone out there?

traciesinor is offline Junior Member Newbie

Cool Homeschooling in Flagstaff, Arizona.. Is anyone out there?

Hi, I'm Tracie, I've homeschooled just one of my children for almost 2 yrs. I have 3 children and 1 grandchild. My other 2 children, youngest and oldest attend/ed public schools. My 13 yr old however, is a brilliant child that happens to have ADHD. After many yrs of sending my son to what felt like "the wolves" everyday.. I stopped everything and began homeschooling. I do not do this for religious reasons as some do. I also do not "unschool" as some do. I am however a free-spirited hippie chick that believes in education and also lives a very undemanding, "no-deadlines" kind of life. I, at this time, have not yet met one other Mom or family in this town that homeschools. We are very far from wealthy but I have found most of our resources for education for free or at very little cost, like time4learning. I am looking for more resources and would like to enroll Devin in a drama class/club in town.. free or at very low cost if possible. If you are in Flagstaff and find similarities in thought, style or ideal here in my words please stop and say HI. Also if you have a completely different reason for homeschooling in Flagstaff please do say hello so I know I'm not doing this alone in this town. Anyone with ideas welcome to respond. Thank you. Be Well and Have a Blessed Day.

lovehmschlg is offline Forum Moderator

Hi, Tracie. I'm sorry...I don't live near you at all. I just want to say hello. We've been using T4L for over 4 years, and it works great for our daughter. She loves it and is learning and progressing very well.
    In our area we have a large homeschool community that is very active with a drama club, among other things.

Have you tried getting connected with a homeschool support group in your area? Just through a Google search I found Flagstaff Home Educators. Also, the Arizona Families for Home Education (AFHE) may be able to direct you to a support group near you. Lastly, here is a site with a list of homeschool support groups in Arizona.
    I hope that's helpful and you find what you're looking for.
    Janet
    enjoying homeschooling and learning with my kids, using T4L and T4W
    blogging our homeschool experiences at The Learning Hourglass

Nicole L Guest

Default I homeschool in Flagstaff!

Hi Tracie,
    I know it has been awhile since your original post - I just happened to come across it on an internet search. I homeschool my 5 year old and 2 1/2 year old here in Flagstaff. Have you found any fellow homeschoolers yet? There is one facebook group I have found, called Northern Arizona Homeschoolers. I haven't made any connections with them yet, but have heard about some activities by following them. Also, if you are still looking for a youth drama club, the Flagstaff Youth Theater is supposed to be great. They are actually holding auditions for their next play this weekend on 8/17. Email me at [email protected] if you are interested in more info. It sounds like your style of homeschooling is much like my style of homeschooling...it's so difficult to find other homeschoolers like me! I love it, despite the isolated feel of it sometimes, and find most of my support online.

Take care,
    Nicole

Default Homeschooling in Winslow

Hi, Tracy, I live 1 hour down the road in Winslow. My eight year old has similar issues to your 13 year old. My e-mail is [email protected]

Unregistered Guest

Default Can we get the ball rolling

https://www.facebook.com/azhomeschooling

i want to to see tax breaks for our (financial) sacrifice to homeschool our kids, right here in AZ. I started a facebook page and will try to get the support to see what can be done.
    lovehmschlg likes this.

jmelton is offline Junior Member

Hi, Tracie

I'm Jessie,my son is 12 almost 13. He is in the 6th grade program on here as of today. We are not in Flagstaff but we are in Lake Havasu. So definitely close enough to get together on occasion. I plan on doing many road trips with my son locally and we would love to have company. In Feb we plan to see the Indian ruins in the Sedona area, like Montezuma's well. If your interested let me know and I will give you my email. Also my son could really use some fiends to chat with.
    lovehmschlg likes this.

Unregistered Guest

Lightbulb Virtual School/School at home

We are schooling at home this year due to bullies and the lack of interest from the supervising adults in school. I have 2 boys ages 7 and 8. Is this still an active group?

catofamilyfive Guest

Default Re: Homeschooling in Flagstaff, Arizona.. Is anyone out there?

Hello! We are a full-time traveling family who are headed down to Flagstaff for part of the winter. I would love to get in touch with the local homeschoolers/homeschool group while we are down there, to make friends and learn together. I don't know if you are aware of anything like this, but we are also looking for a home fellowship to meet with other brothers and sisters in the Lord. Back home, we are part of a fellowship that meets throughout the week to share meals, fellowship, and everyone participates, with each man bringing whatever the Lord has placed on his heart (a teaching, a song, an encouragement, an exhortation, etc.) We know that we can't be the only people out there who have been called out of the traditions and teachings of men, and really have a heart to encourage and be encouraged by other believers. Any information that you can offer would be appreciated!