December Traditions
    five_blessed is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Default December Traditions

Hello everyone! Here we are, entering the last month of the year! There's a nip in the air, Christmas lights are popping up everywhere, and the hustle and bustle of the Christmas season is here! There are many different traditions and activities that take place in the month of December. As a way to help other families with teaching ideas, traditions, and different cultures, please share how your family celebrates December. You may have a special recipe, craft, or activity. Whatever it is, please share it with us!!
    Blessings,
    Rhonda

It's Time4Learning. And Fun!

"Train a child in the way he should go and when he is old, he will not depart from it." Proverbs 22:6

TamiJoy is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Re: December Traditions

sorry i missed you in December!

December is a BUSY month full of fun and tradtions and celebrations in our home. We LOVE to bake. So we do. We make plates of cookies and candies wrap them in pretty color plastic wrap... and the children deliver them to all the people in our neighborhood and at church. We make some type of ornament every year to send out in November to family members that will not be with us for Christmas. We write a family Christmas letter every year. This year Becca Grace wrote a short little note herself. Some cards we make by hand but we send out cards and letters on Decmeber 1st. That in itself (the day) is a tradition. We also have a "bithday party" for Jesus on Christmas eve. We sing, have a special cake... but most of all we read the Christmas story and we write out a "gift" for Jesus on a card. My gift this year was to use my hands and knowledge to help others. Becca gave Jesus her voice. Brennen gave Him his mind (to fill with HIS good things). We carry those cards in our Bibles so that we are reminded of our gifts to Jesus all year round. There are several others... but it is getting late!
    God Bless Y'all!
    Tami