Homeschooling in Arkansas: The Law
    MamaToHerRoo is offline Senior Member

Default Homeschooling in Arkansas: The Law

I am not going to list the laws, rules, and regulations here, but I am going to give you a couple of links.
    Don't forget to review the laws and ensure that you have done what you need to to do legally homeschool in Arkansas.
    Please find here Time4Learning's information page on homeschooling in Arkansas.
    Additionally, a place that is good to find information is A-Z Home's Cool Arkansas information page.
    If you have any questions or problems, or are unsure exactly what you need to do to homeschool in Arkansas you could consult the Arkansas Department of Education Homeschool page.
    I hope that you will find these resources informative and help you begin your school year on the right foot!

Linda
    Rep, Moderator, and...
    Homeschooler of one!

mommytoA,D,&C Guest

Default starting Homeschool

I have a four year old (dob 3-15-07) she is already reading and very bored in pre-k. My husband and I are wanting her to start homeschooling in the kindergarten program and to count a her kindergarten year. Next year, we want to have the option to move her to 1st grade if we felt she was mentally and socially ready, and if not send her to kindergarten with her class. I was wondering if I just inform the school board that I am homeschooling her or if anyone knows what to do for her work to be recognized?

MamaToHerRoo is offline Senior Member

I'm not sure how you can get credit for the school year, since part of how they determine what grade a child is in by birthday. Your child is not required to be in school until next year. I can't give you legal advice, but just by reading the law it looks like if you turned in a letter of intent this year you might get to count the year of school work for credit. There is no guarantee that the school board would accept it given that they set a lower age limit. I would suggest that you check with the superintendant of schools in your area and ask this question.
    Sorry I couldn't be more concrete on this, but superintendants are granted a fair amount of lee way.
    Linda
    Homeschooling one for 8 years and counting!