how do I legally go about homeschooling?
    Unregistered Adrein Guest

Default how do I legally go about homeschooling?

My son has been in the same school district since Kindergarten.. He is now finishing up 9th grade. I can no longer stand for how they treat him or for that matter, what and how they are teaching him.

I was wondering what steps I need to take in order to have him home schooled, per his request. He wants out and has for years . I just kept telling him.. next year will be better. Seems I have been lying to the boy. I live in a small town and unfortunately know if I do not follow the procedure exactly, there will be some sort of harassment.

Thank you

krisarm is offline Junior Member Newbie

Go to the website: https://arkansashomeschool.org/ This is the Arkansas Education Alliance. At the top of their home page their is a tab that says "Start Homeschooling." Click on it and then follow the directions given there.

MamaToHerRoo is offline Senior Member

Thanks for the reply Kris. Once you decide to homeschool, you will be looking at high school work, and for information on that I would suggest to you Let's Homeschool High School. They offer curriculum lists, forums for both parents and students, and a wealth of information on homeschooling high school. Check them out!
    Linda
    Homeschooling one for 8 years and counting!