Looking for homeschoolers around Highland/Cherokee Village area
    MandyR Guest

Default Looking for homeschoolers around Highland/Cherokee Village area

I have searched and searched for a group in this area and have yet to find one. My daughter will be beginning 5th grade this year & she was actually the one who came to us asking to please be homeschooled. We did a semester of it while in 2nd grade to help get her "caught up" but she went back to public school 3rd-4th. I just hate to pull her out of public school where she could socialize with other kids if I cant find some sort of group for her to be around other kids. If you or anyone you may know in the area would be interested in beginning some sort of group for playdates,trips(learning or fun),cookouts, seasonal parties,buying/ sharing/ trading resource materials,talent show,art & science fair for family&friends, maybe some fundraisers to raise money to purchase tickets to Homeschool Day events such as White water,Silver Dollar City, Zoo please let me know!! If you know a homeschool family in this area please share this with them!! Mandy

MamaToHerRoo is offline Senior Member

Mandy, have you done an internet search for homeschool groups, and entered the next largest city to the area you live in? You might also check the public library, sometimes homeschool groups have classes or meetings there so the librarians might know about other homeschoolers in your area. Don't worry too much about pulling her out of school and her missing out on that socialization. Once you find a group you will see that she will have plenty of socialization to participate in!
    Linda
    Homeschooling one for 8 years and counting!

Unregistered Guest

Default Hi there!!

We are a new homeschool family in the area and are also looking for a group to get together with. I have a 3rd grade son...were you able to find a group in our area by chance? Thanks!!

MamaToHerRoo is offline Senior Member

I want to welcome you to homeschooling and Time4Learning. I hope you all find a local group, but in the mean time if you have questions about homeschooling we would love to be your virtual homeschool group. Feel free to ask any questions you might have. Again, welcome!
    Linda
    Homeschooling one for 8 years and counting!