Low scores

Thread: Low scores

Default Low scores

Hello all,

We are new to T4L. We are trying to play catch up as I've had lots of problems with my son actually doing work to stay up with his peers if he goes back to public school. I let him do the work on his own as he is a very good learner and I don't know how to do all the work he is suppose to be doing right now. I notice that some of his scores are average then most of them are low. My question is should I sit with him and teach him the best way I know how or should we just go on and then come back to it later? I don't want to push him too much but I don't want him to be far behind either.

Mindy

MamaToHerRoo is offline Senior Member

Mindy,
    Welcome! We are glad to have you here at T4L.
    Let me ask you a couple of questions, how old is your son? And does he have learning or attention issues?
    I have a seventh grader, with ADHD, and most days I sit with her, or near her, so that I can help her stay focussed. Whether you have him re-do his low scores is up to you. In our school 80 is passing, so if my daughter scores lower than that she must repeat the lessons and retake the quiz/test. If you set a standard, and your son knows and understands that if he does no meet that standard, he will have to repeat the lessons, then he will be more likely to pay attention during the lesson and do his best on the quiz.
    Sometimes it is not a matter of teaching him the lessons, but being there to help he notice the important parts, and to keep him on task.
    Of course, these are just suggestions as to how we do things at our house, what works for you and your son might be different. Let me know if this makes sense, or if you have other questions, ok?
    Last edited by MamaToHerRoo; 04-07-2013 at 10:10 PM.
    Linda
    Homeschooling one for 8 years and counting!