Asperger's son..new to time 4 learning
    smithcheryl Guest

Red face Asperger's son..new to time 4 learning

Hello my name is Cheryl. I live in Antioch, Ca and just started my son on time4learning program. Is less stressful since he enjoys being on the computer so much. I'm looking for other parents who's son or daughter has the same thing. My son can be resistent to learning especially when it come to writing. My son has also been diagnosed with auditory processing and phonics and writing can be a challenge.

Unregistered Guest

Default in the same boat?

I have just signed up for my 7th grade son with Asperger's. He has the same issues except that he reads very well. Writing is not so hot, though. We live in Ventura. How old is your son? Have you started yet?

Quote Originally Posted by smithcheryl View Post
    Hello my name is Cheryl. I live in Antioch, Ca and just started my son on time4learning program. Is less stressful since he enjoys being on the computer so much. I'm looking for other parents who's son or daughter has the same thing. My son can be resistent to learning especially when it come to writing. My son has also been diagnosed with auditory processing and phonics and writing can be a challenge.
    Hi my name is Diana, my son is the same. He loves the computer. Writing has always been so hard for him. He is 14 I am homeschooling him this year. When he was in school, he had a helper for all of his writing. What is time4learning? Is the school giving you a hard time? Is this program at school or home?

Unregistered Guest

Default Hello Im homeschooling my son who is autistic

My son is 13. I thought I new what I was doing with this homeschooling buisness, but apparently I have to find an accredited program that we can use at home in conjuction with time for learning. If you have any suggestion please let me know.

I do not want him to go to the district that we live in. He has made progress since i have been teaching him at home. I had him assessed by an outside source and it proved me right the district was lying about his progress. Though I new i needed proof.

Please Help!

Thanks,
    am

Unregistered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    My son is 13. I thought I new what I was doing with this homeschooling buisness, but apparently I have to find an accredited program that we can use at home in conjuction with time for learning. If you have any suggestion please let me know.

I do not want him to go to the district that we live in. He has made progress since i have been teaching him at home. I had him assessed by an outside source and it proved me right the district was lying about his progress. Though I new i needed proof.

Please Help!

Thanks,
    am
    I'm not sure if I understand your question completely but because Time for learning is not a school (not accredited) you need to be registered in an accredited school or file privately with the state as a school. Google "how to homeschool privately in CA" or something like that. I've heard it's easy to do but have not filed privately yet. YOu would then need to be in charge of your own record keeping for the state etc. Instead you can register with any publilc charter homeschool (this is different than a charter school ) In San Diego there are several like Greater San Diego Academy, The Learning Choice academy, Julian Homeschool Academy, Dehesa etc. There you will recieve free cirriculum, one of them may be Time for Learning if you choose. Or select books, teaching manuals etc., choose from many styles. You will meet once a month with a Learning Coordinator to go over your childs work for the month & collect samples that they will provide to the state with other records. Many places also offer a one day a week class option if you like. Do not go thru the disctict, they will limit you in what you can and cannot provide to your child. If he is a third grader but doing 6th grade math, they still requrie the child to use 3rd grade cirriclum. If you don't want to answer to anyone and do it all on your own, then register with the state.

Hope this answered your question!

Unregistered Guest

Smile Us too!

We are in Northern CA, (north of Chico) my son has Aspergers. We have no special schools, districts have limited resources. I am done trying to teach him everything he should be learning at school in the hours after school when he is exhausted. I realize the classroom is not an ideal environment for his learning. We are finishing 4th. grade and homeschooling next year. I will use Time4learning to supplement areas of curriculum and as curriculum in certain subjects. I am really excited because my son is bright, and eager to learn...it just doesn't happen in a classroom for him.
    Our big hang up is also writing and I'm not sure if I should use Time4learning as the only curriculum or if I should use it as supplement to something else?! We are going to try Singapore for math, switching from Saxon. I would like to find a secular science curriculum that is engaging and fun.