California Laws
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Unregistered

Thread: California Laws

JMF
    JMF is offline Junior Member

Default California Laws

Can anyone tell me what the laws are in CA in regards to homeschooling and end of the year testing? It is my understanding that if I am doing my own thing for homeschool, meaning I am not with a public school or Charter school, that I do not have to test my children or turn in any kind of reports, etc. Can someone tell me if that correct? Thanks!

Rhonda is offline Junior Member Newbie

Are you homeschooling under The Private School Option? If you file a private school affidavit with the CDE, you are not required to do state testing.

JMF
    JMF is offline Junior Member

Thank you so much for answering my question! Yes I am under the private school option so that takes a load off my mind and shoulders. =)

Unregistered Guest

Default A question about getting started

Hello, I have always wanted to home school my children, we are currently enrolled in an on line public school, but I want my boys out of the public school all together. I feel the school system is actually holding my kids back. How do I file a private school affidavit for home school in California? Where do I get one? Is it hard to do? I would love and appreciate any advice and help on this. Thank you

Unregistered Guest

Default CA laws

I started with HomeSchool Association of CaliforniaHome Page and California Homeschool Network - Welcome. Both sites can provide you with any and all answers as well as step by step instructions for starting.

Unregistered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hello, I have always wanted to home school my children, we are currently enrolled in an on line public school, but I want my boys out of the public school all together. I feel the school system is actually holding my kids back. How do I file a private school affidavit for home school in California? Where do I get one? Is it hard to do? I would love and appreciate any advice and help on this. Thank you
    It is super easy and takes about 5 minutes. You must file your intent to homeschool with the California Dept. of Education each October. Filing the Private School Affidavit - Private School Affidavit (CA Dept of Education)