Filing PSA & withdrawing midterm/schoolyear
    Unregistered Guest

Question Filing PSA & withdrawing midterm/schoolyear

Currently our student is enrolled in a public charter home school. Can we withdraw the student now so that we can file the PSA or should we first file PSA and then withdraw ? It is confusing , since in the PSA form , it says that the student should not be enrolled in any school and if we withdraw our child from the public charter home school then the school will ask for PSA or school info to which the child is transferred which we still do not have as we are still filing PSA. Want to make sure what is legally right to do ?

Also , if we miss the Oct 15th PSA deadline can we file it any other time during the school year, like after Christmas break in Jan 2014?

Unregistered Guest

Unhappy Me too!!

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Currently our student is enrolled in a public charter home school. Can we withdraw the student now so that we can file the PSA or should we first file PSA and then withdraw ? It is confusing , since in the PSA form , it says that the student should not be enrolled in any school and if we withdraw our child from the public charter home school then the school will ask for PSA or school info to which the child is transferred which we still do not have as we are still filing PSA. Want to make sure what is legally right to do ?

Also , if we miss the Oct 15th PSA deadline can we file it any other time during the school year, like after Christmas break in Jan 2014?
    I have the exact same question!! Will anyone answer?? Apparently the deadline is tomorrow, unless there is a way around it.
    Thanks

Unregistered Guest

Unhappy Me too!!

I have the exact same question. Hopefully someone will answer soon. Apparently the deadline is now tomorrow, unless there is a way to file after the 15th??

Thanks

Unregistered Guest

Default I hope this helps

Hi I read your question and I was in this same confused boat two weeks ago! My son was enrolled in a local public school though and it was not working out. We decided to homeschool and I had MANY questions regarding filing the PSA and doing things properly. I immediately became a member of the HSLDA and filed the PSA. We withdrew our son from school (HSLDA helped with paperwork to make the school aware that he was not coming back) and started homeschooling him immediately. This all happened in less than a week. Just FYI we did pay for a rush on our application with HSLDA since I was concerned about issues since my son has a current IEP. I did a lot of research and a lot of stressing that week but am so happy with our decision! Things are going great and the process with the school was very smooth and painless. The website below really helped and if you scroll down there is a little info on filing after the 15th. Good luck!

http://a2zhomeschooling.com/regional...affidavit_psa/