Finding Frugality in Homeschooling
    five_blessed is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb Finding Frugality in Homeschooling

I absolutely LOVE finding new ways to teach and be frugal at the same time! I wanted to share some ideas with you and I'll be adding new ideas all along, so please come back often!

Below is a recipe for homemade play dough. It's such fun and so simple. The best part is that it is much cheaper than the purchased version. Let your kiddies help and teach them about math along the way. They'll love getting their hands into this!

HOMEMADE PLAY DOUGH

1 cup flour
    1/2 cup salt
    1 cup water
    2 tablespoons oil
    2 tablespoons cream of tartar
    beet, spinach, and carrot juice for a natural coloring OR

Few drops of food coloring of your choice

Mix flour, salt and oil, and slowly add the water. Cook over medium heat, stirring until dough becomes stiff. Turn out onto wax paper and let cool. Knead the playdough with your hands until of proper consistency. Use as is, or divide into balls and add a few drops of the vegetable juices or food coloring of your choice. Stores well in zip lock bags.

Blessings,
    Rhonda

It's Time4Learning. And Fun!

"Train a child in the way he should go and when he is old, he will not depart from it." Proverbs 22:6

Hi Rhonda

I found a cool site with free stuff for school, its www.superteacherworksheets.com It has great supplementary worksheets, from math to grammer to manuscript and hand writing pages all free...I forgot how old your children are but there free, my favorite word, hope it helps(maybe i should check into the grammer sheets, this one long run on sentence
    Jennifer

five_blessed is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Thanks Jennifer! FREE is my favorite word too! : ) That's a GREAT site!!! LOVE it! My children are 8, 9 and 11 and it DOES HELP!
    Blessings,
    Rhonda

It's Time4Learning. And Fun!

"Train a child in the way he should go and when he is old, he will not depart from it." Proverbs 22:6

ponywow is offline Junior Member

This play dough recipie is great! Thank you so much for sharing it. It will be perfect for my lil one. I have a feeling he will be very interested in eating it. I am trying to find things to work on his motor skills. I bought him a key board. It sits right on his lap and keeps him entertained while I drive.