HELP - Thinking About 1 Month Of Homeschooling, Will It Be Too Much Hassle, Legally?
    Unregistered Guest

Default HELP - Thinking About 1 Month Of Homeschooling, Will It Be Too Much Hassle, Legally?

Hi All,

I'm hoping someone can give me some advice. We just bought a home, we settle and can move the first week of May. My daughter is in 1st grade, in a public school, in a different district. I'm not even sure they will have space for her in her "home" school once we move, so I am thinking about keeping her home to finish out the year with me and start her in the local district next year.

I am wondering if this is going to be a huge hassle legally. I've been looking around online and it seems like a bit of a struggle to get her recognized as homeschooled. I don't know if this is going to cause an issue when I go to enroll her in public for the fall.

I would appreciate any input. I am in the bay area, currently enrolled in the Berkeley school district and moving to a San Mateo County district.

I am new to the forum and not registered. Feel free to email me directly. [email protected]

Thanks so much!

firstnoel Guest

Default what did you decide?

My family is in the same situation. My oldest daughter pointed out that if I put them in school then they would be able to make friends before summer break.