homeschooling to finish current grade?
    Unregistered Guest

Default homeschooling to finish current grade?

We recently moved and I unenrolled my son, now I can't find a school for him. So I was interested in how to I homeschool him so he can finish his current grade?

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi. Each state has its own homeschool laws. You can find yours on your state's Department of Education website. It can sometimes be challenging to homeschool temporarily (for example, just for a couple of months to finish a school year when you intend to put your student back in public school in the fall).

Until high school, schools will usually enroll a previously homeschooled student at the grade level that corresponds to their age. Some middle schools have credit requirements, too. Public schools vary in their willingness to accept homeschool work for credit. Since there are no laws saying what work they must accept (private school, homeschool), it sometimes depends on the opinion of the individual you are speaking with at the school. Time4Learning provides student reports detailing time spent on each activity, an attendance report, and percentage scores to help with negotiating.

We do encourage you to follow your state's homeschool laws, but we don't oversee that, so it's important to know and understand the laws yourself. Here is some additional information about using Time4Learning to homeschool in California.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!