New to home schooling
    amy gearity Guest

Post New to home schooling

Hello my name is Amy and i am relocating to California because my husband exsepted a job,i am trying to homeschool my kids i have a 7,11,and 13 year old i need help getting started please help you can email me at [email protected] thanks to everybody

Unregistered Guest

Default Start at CHN

Hi Amy
    The simplest information I found to start homeschooling is at http://www.californiahomeschool.net/...CHNJTF2010.pdf Or if the link doesn't work, go to California Homeschool Network - Welcome and click on the "just the facts" link. There is also a lot of information on the HSLDA website. There are not too many homeschool requirements for CA.
    Also, google "homeschool support group" and list your area.
    Good luck,

Unregistered Guest

Default So this is what's happening to today's youth...

So disappointing. You may want to learn how to spell and use correct punctuation before passing your 'skills' onto your children. This is exactly the kind of situation that gives home schooling such a bad name. Home schooling is only effective if the person teaching has a basic knowledge of what it is they're teaching.

Lindy is offline Junior Member Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    So disappointing. You may want to learn how to spell and use correct punctuation before passing your 'skills' onto your children. This is exactly the kind of situation that gives home schooling such a bad name. Home schooling is only effective if the person teaching has a basic knowledge of what it is they're teaching.
    What is really disappointing is that you were so rude to the original poster. If you can't be helpful then perhaps you should just be quiet.
    Mom of 5, teacher of 2 including 1 son with Autism. who just started using Time4Learning and LOVES it!

Unregistered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Lindy View Post
    What is really disappointing is that you were so rude to the original poster. If you can't be helpful then perhaps you should just be quiet.
    I agree with you. I'm passing on a beautiful gift to my children even with my small mistakes. I have to admit that my children are better spellers than me. Yeah! Better to keep quite if you have nothing good to say - out of politness.

JubilantJohn is offline Junior Member Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    How about this: My boy received a 53% in math (teacher/student ratio 1:10) and a 47% in English (teacher/student ratio 1:10 and 1:5). The Principal and his teacher both agreed he should be promoted to the third grade. Really? So my dear unregistered, can any of us do any worse? or is that better? or what? LoL As a consumer, I can fire my school by taking my money somewhere else. So t4l has my full attention. In six days I can see the difference. Adults don't have to be well schooled if they let the computer do the work for them. It's all about love, anyway. And let me tell you how much at peace I am that I can actually HELP on-the-spot. No more frustrated son with a public school potty mouth. And who needs the truancy problems & gang situation at the HERMOSA BEACH 3-8 grade? JubilantJohn

sixpackbrat is offline Junior Member Newbie

So nice to see such positive replies!! I am new to homeschooling as well and one of the biggest reasons is demonstrated by what unregistered wrote!! Bullies in school's and bullies when they grow up!! I don't need my beautiful son to learn those kind of social skills(from today's youth)!! lol I am teaching him his core subjects, with the help of wonderful programs online and I'm teaching things you can't find in books!! Like manners, compassion, kindness, politeness and to treat others as you would want them to treat you!! I thought about homeschooling for 3 long years and am at such peace now that I finally jumped in!! When I started seeing my child's loving spirit get broken that's when I said enough! Sorry for going on about it, but I have found such positive, caring people in the homeschool community that I just wanted to say congrats to anyone that is at least trying to make a difference for their children and not just excepting what we are told we have too!! Thanks for reading/listening!