New to homeschooling with my 8yr son with Down Syndrome

Red face New to homeschooling with my 8yr son with Down Syndrome

Hi,

I am new to homeschooling with my son. He is considered 3rd grade but at kindergarten level. I'm trying to change levels on all subjects to pre-k or Kindergarten level, but not successful, it only will do this temporarly?

Is there anyone else homeschooling a child with down syndrome?

Hope to meet some of you!

Mary

Robin is offline Senior Member

Default Re: New to homeschooling with my 8yr son with Down Syndrome

Hi, Mary! Welcome. Are you trying to make the change in your parent dashboard?

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi, Mary. Pre-K and kindergarten are set up a little differently than the rest of the program. If you set all of his subjects to pre-k, he will also have easy access to the kindergarten lessons. Log in to your parent account and click on Manage Students. Now select Change Grade Level and then set the dropdown menu to Pre-K. The change will be made within 24 hours. You will receive an email when it has been done.

Now you should see the pre-K level when you log in as your child. But, if you look in the left sidebar, you will see a big K that you can click on to access the kindergarten level instead (for that login session only).

My twleve-year-old son has Down syndrome and still uses the pre-k and k levels. He is doing well on some of the first grade phonics work.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

aschuttpelz is offline Junior Member

My son doesn't have down syndrome, but he does have autism. He's 9, but developmentally much much younger (2-3 maybe). He should be a 4th grader, but there's no way he can do 4th grade work!

Anyway, I thought I'd respond because our situations are kind of similar. Feel free to reach out!

Alissa

Stacey212 Guest

[[email protected];72814]Hi,

I am new to homeschooling with my son. He is considered 3rd grade but at kindergarten level. I'm trying to change levels on all subjects to pre-k or Kindergarten level, but not successful, it only will do this temporarly?

Mary[/QUOTE

Stacey212 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Hi,

Mary

[QUOTE [email protected]]
    Hi, Im a regular and special education teacher with 20 years of classroom experience. I have a lot of experience adapting curriculum. I worked with a child with DS when he was in 4th grade. If you would like any help adapting the curriculum pleasew fell free to email me, [email protected]. Hope all is well.

Stacey