New to Homeschooling, YAY!... UH, HELP!!
    Stephybee is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default New to Homeschooling, YAY!... UH, HELP!!

To make a year long story short, I will be homeschooling this Fall (finally! and need some help. My son currently goes to a public school for kindergarten but for 1st grade he had to be enrolled into another school. He was not accepted into the magnet program for 1st grade into his current school so he has to transfer. Anyway, since I have not enrolled him into any school and he wont be going back to his current school, who do I notify that he will be homeschooled this fall???? I live in Granada Hill CA, if that helps.

Unregistered Guest

Default Possible answer to your question

I think in Granada Hills you would be in the Los Angeles Unified School District. I think you would need to fill out an Inter-District permit if you are setting up your own private school. You would want to call the nearest LAUSD office to be sure. I think you would be in Local District 1. The contacts for this office are 6621 Balboa Blvd., Lake Balboa, Ca. 90406 Telephone (818) 654-3600. You can also find lots of information on this website: California Homeschool Network - Welcome. Good luck! -Kim

Stephybee is offline Junior Member Newbie

Thank you so much. I keep reading and getting emails that "if i have questions to ask in the forums" well, that hasn't worked at. Thank you for taking the time to reply.

TwinsMom2003 is offline Junior Member Newbie

Definitely check with California Homeschool Network. We live in LA county and last year, we just filled out the PSA (Private School Affidavit) which took all of about 10 minutes and started homeschooling. We start school right after Labor Day, but you fill out the PSA online between Oct 1 and Oct 15, regardless of the date you start. California Homeschool Network has a printable book of with line-by-line instructions on filling out the PSA. It also has a link to the PSA, couldn't be simpler. Good luck!