Pulling my daughter from public school....help!
    Unregistered Guest

Default Pulling my daughter from public school....help!

Hi everyone! I am pretty new to homeschooling. We've tried it informally a couple of times, but we lived in a different state that didn't have the requirements that CA does. So here's my problem:
    My 12 year old 7th grader is being bullied relentlessly at her current middle school. My husband and I are both in agreement that we should pull her. We just got her 3rd quarter report card and her grades are suffering because she refuses to ask for help...for fear of being made fun of even more.
    So here's my question. What "rules" do I need to follow for the remainder of the year? We are moving in June, so we may or may not put her back in public school in our new location (Lincoln, CA....in case anyone is there!) we haven't decided yet. If we homeschool, I'll put her in a k12 program that is accredited, but if we put her back in a public school what are they going to ask me for? I can make a transcript for the quarter, that's not an issue. I just need to know how to do this legally for the remainder of the year. Help!
    Thank you!

lovehmschlg is offline Forum Moderator

Hi! I don't live in California, but I want to offer a few suggestions.
    Have you looked into the laws and requirements for homeschoolers in California? Let me give you a few links that you can use to research. http://a2zhomeschooling.com/laws/uni...e_school_laws/

Time4Learning has their own page of information and resources on Homeschooling in California.
    Also, you can contact the Homeschool Association of California.

And lastly, I'll give you the link for Homeschool Legal Defense Association. They are very well informed on the laws of all the states and can give you answers to specific questions such as yours. Their number should be found at the link. HSLDA

I have found that homeschoolers are better informed on the home education laws of their state than the school boards are. So I recommend you seek out answers from these types of sources.
    I hope this helps.
    Janet
    enjoying homeschooling and learning with my kids, using T4L and T4W
    blogging our homeschool experiences at The Learning Hourglass