Scheduling Ideas?
    dustydon is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Scheduling Ideas?

Does anyone have any great scheduling ideas that make their days easier? When there are multiple kids in the family and different levels of learning, how do you keep the younger kids enterntained while the other children are doing their lessons?

I have the older children help with our preschool time so all the little children get some kind of one on one. The little ones are then happier to play by themselves when I have to work with the older children.

Laura

mandiana is offline Senior Member

Default Re: Scheduling Ideas?

Laura,

Have you heard of workboxes? Essentially, what happens is you fill 12 plastic shoeboxes with activities each night for the next day. So, 5 of them could be filled with either a note to do a Time4Learning activity or a note to do a Time4Learning activity along with a T4L resource for that day, then the others could be filled with other activities for them to do.

The boxes could be filled with puzzles, flashcards, crayons and paper, a coloring book, a lapbook project.. whatever is appropriate for that child.

There are many variations on workboxes... some people use magazine boxes or manila envelopes to save space.

An example with shoeboxes

Example with envelopes

Hope that helps!

~Amanda

dustydon is offline Junior Member Newbie

I like this idea. Can I pass this along to one of my homeschooling groups?

Laura

mandiana is offline Senior Member

Feel free, Laura. It's not my idea. The system was created by Sue Patrick? I'm not sure what her website address is where you can download the Ebook, but it's probably in the Yahoo group posted above.

~Amanda