What math curriculum will you be using for your 3rd grader? Newbie here!
    Unregistered Guest

Default What math curriculum will you be using for your 3rd grader? Newbie here!

Hello!
    I'm homeschooling my son for the first time next year and we are both pretty excited ( he will be in 3rd grade). He does well in school and is a very fast learner ( he does better in reading than in math) but the common core has slowed his learning terrible. He told me last year " I used to be a smart kid and know how to do all my math but now with this new math im stupid" I felt terrible because he tries so hard and does so well in school. Anyways I will be putting my own curriculum together for next year and want to be extra sure we touch on everything needed for 3rd grade math since it is his weakness. What curriculum do you/ or have you used that you love and why? Any tips advice, etc are welcome and I am thankful!

lovehmschlg is offline Forum Moderator

Hello.

We use the Time4Learning online curriculum for all our subjects, including math. My daughter is a visual learner and she enjoys the lessons on T4L. Because they are interactive, they really hold her attention. I like that the curriculum is student-paced. So if she has trouble understanding a lesson or scores low on a quiz or test, she can repeat them. Each time she takes a test, she gets new questions. And if she doesn't understand a concept and gets the answer wrong during a lesson, the curriculum is prompted to explain it in a different way.

Since you'll be new to homeschooling, I think this free Guide to Homeschooling will be helpful for you. It was written by moms who've been homeschooling for years.

Also,Time4Learning has a parent forum for parents who are new to homeschooling. You can find that forum here.

Best wishes to you in your homeschooling journey!
    Janet
    enjoying homeschooling and learning with my kids, using T4L and T4W
    blogging our homeschool experiences at The Learning Hourglass

Unregistered Guest

Default i have your solution

My name is Travis. I have a lot of books. i have Math, reading, english, spelling, a science etc. THe math books are saxon math. whats great about these are that they go back and review wht u learned in the last lesson in every upcoming lesson. email me if you or anyone else is interested at [email protected]