Withdrawing student
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Unregistered

Thread: Withdrawing student

Unregistered Guest

Default Withdrawing student

I withdrew my student. I received an email that my private school was not accredited by the California Department of Education. Why is this? I have to wait to file the private school affidavit on October 1st.

SDMatt is offline Junior Member Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I withdrew my student. I received an email that my private school was not accredited by the California Department of Education. Why is this? I have to wait to file the private school affidavit on October 1st.
    It's probably an intimidation tactic by a school district that's funded by ADA (average daily attendance). You pulled your student and that means less money for them.

So long as you formally withdrew your student, and you file your PSA on time I don't think you have anything to worry about.

While withdrawing my student I received an email asking for a copy of the PSA I filed, to which I politely replied with the fact that I wasn't obligated to provide this - and it was something they could get on their own on the web from the state of CA.

Unregistered Guest

Default Withdrawing Student

Who sent the email to you? If it was the school you withdrew your child(ren) from, the are simply trying to make you think you are doing something wrong. If you filed a PSA you should be fine as long as you don't receive something from the CA Dept of Ed that directly states your PSA has been denied.
    Also, if you filed a PSA, your school is not accredited. That is ok.
    mrs.shamblin likes this.

Unregistered Guest

Default Withdrawing student-UPDATE

Finally, all is well. I had received an email from an office assistant at my child's school stating that my private school had to be an accredited school and was not listed on the Department of Education's website. This was in the month of August, before I could file the affidavit October 1She also stated she was advised by the Director of Student Support Services at the School District to not take my child off of the attendance roster and continue to pursue any absences as truancies. I had already paid for legal assistance through HSLDA. I contacted them immediately, and I sent them the email I was sent and they contacted the school directly. The school's office assistant tried to use the same script with them and it failed. She then called them and told them the school would need my affidavit before sending the cumulative file, which was fine. I had sent a formal letter requesting the cumulative file before being contacted. I followed the proper procedures for student withdrawal. I was finally able to submit the private school affidavit on October 1st, after sending this affidavit to HSLDA they once again had communication with the school and two days later my son's cumulative records were sent to my private school's home address. Also, those daily non-attendance calls finally stopped.