Bible Curriculum? Florida Testing?
    sherrymom is offline Junior Member Newbie

I am using T4L now as just a supplement for my 2 boys. One is going into 2nd and the other into 5th. I am going to be homeschooling them full time for this next school year and am considering using T4L as their base curriculum. I have a couple of questions I'm hoping to get some help with. First, they were in a Christian school in the past and I want to continue with their Bible studies. Anyone have any suggestions as to a site that I can use to give them this? Also, we live in Florida and I know that they will have to be tested at the end of the school year. How do most home schooling parents get their children tested? Thanks so much.

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi, Sherry. Here is some information about homeschooling in Florida.

It isn't really a Bible curriculum, but my younger kids have been enjoying this little devotional. They like being able to listen online and then guess the moral of the story. The story is different every day.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

twinmami01 is offline Junior Member Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by sherrymom
    I am using T4L now as just a supplement for my 2 boys. One is going into 2nd and the other into 5th. I am going to be homeschooling them full time for this next school year and am considering using T4L as their base curriculum. I have a couple of questions I'm hoping to get some help with. First, they were in a Christian school in the past and I want to continue with their Bible studies. Anyone have any suggestions as to a site that I can use to give them this? Also, we live in Florida and I know that they will have to be tested at the end of the school year. How do most home schooling parents get their children tested? Thanks so much.
    Sherry,
    We just discovered http://www.explorerbiblestudy.org/
    You can purchase this, or you can download for free. Just click on homeschool, then study with us. As far as testing info, you can have them evaluated by any certified teacher. Most local homeschool groups can suggest an evaluator in your area. Where are you located? We're in Central FL and I can get you a list of evaluators in the Lakeland/Winter Haven area.

If you haven't yet, check out fpea.com. http://www.fpea.com/starting/index/css/ ... point.html

Hope this helps!

myjordash is offline Forum Moderator

I am in Florida too. From what I understand, they either ONLY have to be tested OR sit with a certified teeacher who goes over their portfolio or interviews the child to make sure they are completing age appropriate work. I am in West Palm Beach, and have 3 kids, 2, 6, and 8. This is my first year of homeschooling too. Where are you located?

twinmami01 is offline Junior Member Newbie

You can have a certified teacher either test them or do a portfolio evaluation, where they just look over the work they've completed. We are in Winter Haven.

smbrate is offline Junior Member

Default Re: Bible Curriculum? Florida Testing?

Just an FYI
    you DO NOT have to have any test/sit before a certified teacher to be evaluated in florida...they want you to 'think' that..but you don't.

sign up with this umbrella school. they are considered a private school. contact the school board and tell them you are no longer placing your kid with the public school, you are signing them wtih a private school. they (at least ours didn't) won't even ask which one.
    my kids are considered 'private schooled' now....when they graduate (which will be whenever i decide), i will simply sign them up wtih www.westriveracademy.com , a private, accredited 'unschool' in california. i will let them know my kids classes and grades-and they will graduate from a PRIVATE school, accredited, and no one will know they were homeschooled...
    florida unschoolers is free..you don't have to be an unschooler to sign up

sorry, just wanted to send the fyi...the state has no right to be involved...just wanted to make sure you were aware of that..
    stacey