Bible Study Ideas
    CountryMama is offline Junior Member

Default Bible Study Ideas

hello everyone! I am a new home schooling mama. Just started this past month. I am so happy to have found T4L. Mu question is I have a 3rd and 4th grader and I would like to find some kind of Bible study to use. We currently do devotionals every morning but would like to start actually teaching them more about God and why we believe what we do. Anyone have any suggestions? Thank you! Beth

MamaMary is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CountryMama View Post
    hello everyone! I am a new home schooling mama. Just started this past month. I am so happy to have found T4L. Mu question is I have a 3rd and 4th grader and I would like to find some kind of Bible study to use. We currently do devotionals every morning but would like to start actually teaching them more about God and why we believe what we do. Anyone have any suggestions? Thank you! Beth
    Welcome Beth! I love this question. It is near and dear to my heart. We love Jesus and want a biblical worldview to be the foundation of our homeschool program. I can't wait to see what others will share.

In our home, we use straight devotionals until they are reading on their own and then I switch over to Salt and Light discipleship.

Salt and Light discipleship was created to help adult women have a consistent and powerful quiet time with the Lord. We learn how to read the bible relationally and how to hear from God in a very intimate and personal way. I lead an adult group and as I was working with a new mom I realized I should be teaching this to my children. They can learn to take ownership of their walk with the Lord. It's been GREAT! We also memorize one scripture per week. Everyone has their own spiral bound index card holder they carry with them. If you are interested in this you can go to their website. Here is a direct link:

Salt and Light Web Site If you're interested you can print it and read through.

Sanctifinder is an EXCELLENT tool to help your children memorize the books of the bible. It's put out by the same makers that created calculadder

Hope this helps,
    Mary
    Mary, Child of the King of Kings, Jesus Christ! Wife to best friend and Mama to her four boys 91, 96, 00, 02, Homeschooling since 1998! Come visit us on our blog! http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/

mgoodson is offline Junior Member Newbie

I found some Children's Bible Studies @ biblestudyplanet.com that I printed out to use.

mindatpeace is offline Junior Member Newbie

I think there are lots of comic Bibles. Or you can get devotional Bibles for kids. Then you can ask them what it means to them.

BowsForHer.com is offline Junior Member Newbie

You could take a look at Bible Lessons for Kids. It has a ton of material to help teach children about God. As far as why you believe what you do, you can incorporate it into the lesson plans. For instance, If you are teaching them about creationism, you could talk about how God created everything and then touch on what other theories are out there.. It all depends on the maturity and understanding of your children. You can feel it out and go with your best judgement, but from my perspective it's important they are aware of the theories out there so they aren't ever surprised to learn about it some other way.

momofjesusfreak is offline Junior Member Newbie

I like Faith Factor OT and Faith Factor NT.

kimberleigh is offline Junior Member Newbie

Thank you for asking this question, I am actually looking for some good resources on bible learning for my daughter too

kimberleigh is offline Junior Member Newbie

Thank you for posting these links...they are very helpful