Character training - need advice
    lovehmschlg is offline Forum Moderator

Default Character training - need advice

Hello.
    We focus a lot of our homeschool on teaching godly character.
    I'd like to know if anyone uses any particular resources for teaching godly character.

I also have a question or need some advice.

One issue we're having is with our daughter huffing and puffing or sighing when she's corrected or told to do something. She'll make some kind of noise. What we do sometimes is have her go back to where she was or what she was doing before she responded in a negative way. We ask her to think about her reaction and to try it again. I must admit, we're not consistent. I know consistency in disciplining is half the battle.
    I was wondering if you all have other ideas or suggestions in getting to the heart of this child's attitude?

Thank you!
    Janet
    enjoying homeschooling and learning with my kids, using T4L and T4W
    blogging our homeschool experiences at The Learning Hourglass

jpenn is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Doorposts has a book that has verses for every negative character trait. I used to have a copy of it. It's really good because you can show her exactly what God has to say about the things she does and explain it's your job to guide her in acting the way God wants her to act. Have you ever looked at Bill Gothard's stuff?
    Joyfully,
    Jackie

lovehmschlg is offline Forum Moderator

Oh, Jackie! I'm so glad you reminded me of these. I do remember years ago a friend loaned me a few of these character sketches. I used them with my older kids and we loved them! I'm going to pull them out and read them with my daughter. There are some resources I may never get rid of, and this is one of them.
    Janet
    enjoying homeschooling and learning with my kids, using T4L and T4W
    blogging our homeschool experiences at The Learning Hourglass