Christmas
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By pollyanna
  • 1 Post By episkopos

Thread: Christmas

lovehmschlg is offline Forum Moderator

Default Christmas

As we prepare for the Christmas holidays, I already have friends and family asking what my children would like for Christmas. We want to keep Christ at the center of this celebration, remembering that it is Christ's birth that we are celebrating (even if we know he likely was not born in December). It can be so easy to get carried away with the commercials, the sales, the Black Friday and Cyber Monday shopping, the making of lists to make it easier for family and friends. The shopping, lists, and busy activities can take our focus off the real reason for the season. How do you, as a family, balance this? How do you keep your focus on the birth of Jesus?

pollyanna is offline Junior Member

i know i'm late but I do think as adults if we keep our focus on the fact it is about Jesus' birth then our children will also. Their were times when we would get bombarded with people talking about what they wanted for Christmas and after my son and I would talk in the car about the fact it is Jesus' birthday and we open presents to celabrate it. My son when asked what he wanted for Christmas he said for everyone to have a happy christmas.
    lovehmschlg likes this.

episkopos is offline Junior Member Newbie

Apart from the family dinner in honour of Jesus birthday, we also watch a movie on the nativity. We retell and discuss the birth of Jesus.
    lovehmschlg likes this.