Easter Cookie Recipe to Teach the Meaning of Easter
    five_blessed is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Default Easter Cookie Recipe to Teach the Meaning of Easter

Note: I don't know the author of this recipe, but if anyone does, please post it so that due credit is given! It's such a wonderful teaching opportunity! I'm sure the person would not mind me sharing this recipe as it is a way to share Christ.

EASTER COOKIE RECIPE!

The Word became flesh and made His dwelling among us. We have seen His glory,
    the glory of the One and Only, Who came from the Father, full of grace and truth. John 1:14

You Need Help & permission from Parents! 1- cup whole pecans, 1-teaspoon vinegar, 3 egg whites, pinch of salt, 1-cup sugar, zipper baggie, wooden spoon, tape, Bible.

EASTER COOKIES
    Preheat the oven to 300 (this is important-don't wait 'til you're half-done with the recipe)

1. Place the pecans in the baggie and let the kids beat them with the wooden spoon to break them into pieces. Explain that after Jesus was arrested, He was beaten by the Roman soldiers.
    Read John 19:1-3

2. Put the vinegar into a mixing bowl. Let each child smell the vinegar. Explain that when Jesus was on the cross and He became thirsty, He was offered vinegar to drink.
    Read John 19:28-30

3. Add the egg whites to the vinegar. The eggs represent life. Explain that Jesus gave His life so that we could have life.
    Read John 10:10-11

4. Sprinkle a little salt into each child's hand and let them taste it. Put the rest into the bowl. Explain that this represents the salty tears shed by Jesus' followers, and the bitterness of our own sin.
    Read Luke 23:27

5. So far the ingredients are not very appetizing. Add 1 cup of sugar. Explain that the sweetest part of the story is that Jesus died because He loves us. He wants us to know and belong to Him.
    Read Psalm 34:8 and John 3:16

6. Beat the egg whites with a mixer on high speed for 12 to 15 minutes, until stiff peaks form. Explain that the color white represents the purity in God's eyes of those whose sins have been cleansed by Jesus.
    Read Isa. 1:18 and John 3:1-3

7. Fold in the broken nuts. Drop by teaspoons onto a wax paper cookie sheet. Explain that each mound represents the rocky tomb where Jesus body was laid to rest.
    Read Matt. 27:57-60

8. Put the cookie sheet in the oven, close the door and turn the oven off.

9. Give each child a piece of tape and seal the door. Explain that Jesus tomb was sealed.
    Read Matt. 27:65-66

10. Go to bed. Explain that they may feel sad to leave the cookies in the oven overnight and that Jesus followers were in despair when the tomb was sealed.
    Read John 16:20-22

11. On Easter morning, open the oven and give everyone a cookie. Notice the cracked surface and take a bite. the cookies are hollow! ON THE FIRST EASTER, Jesus' followers were amazed to find His tomb empty.
    Read Matt. 28: 1-9

Aren't we so thankful that the tomb was empty and that God's love for us is SO amazing!
    Blessings,
    Rhonda

It's Time4Learning. And Fun!

"Train a child in the way he should go and when he is old, he will not depart from it." Proverbs 22:6

MamaMary is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Thank you so much for posting this. I LOVE IT! I am so very thankful. My heart is overwhelmed with the gift of Salvation. Especially as I ponder the pain and heartache Jesus went through on the cross. My fervent prayer is to honor Him with my life.

Love you Rhonda..., Mary
    Mary, Child of the King of Kings, Jesus Christ! Wife to best friend and Mama to her four boys 91, 96, 00, 02, Homeschooling since 1998! Come visit us on our blog! http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/