How do you fit Bible study into your curriculum?
    five_blessed is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Default How do you fit Bible study into your curriculum?

I was just wondering how everyone fits Bible into studies for the day. We do Bible first and usually study for about 20 minutes.
    Blessings,
    Rhonda

It's Time4Learning. And Fun!

"Train a child in the way he should go and when he is old, he will not depart from it." Proverbs 22:6

MamaMary is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by five_blessed View Post
    I was just wondering how everyone fits Bible into studies for the day. We do Bible first and usually study for about 20 minutes.
    I'm so glad you asked this question Rhonda as I always love idea's regarding bible integration! When the boys are younger we use bible story books and then as they begin to read we use "Salt and Light" to teach them how to have their own quiet times.

Some of my favorite bible books are:

Leading Little Ones To God.
    The Child's Story bible

And one that I want to try is called The Jesus Storybook? It shows the connection to the coming Messiah in every single book, including the Old Testament. I've not used this though.

Mary, Child of the King of Kings, Jesus Christ! Wife to best friend and Mama to her four boys 91, 96, 00, 02, Homeschooling since 1998! Come visit us on our blog! http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/

five_blessed is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

We love a devotional book called Frog's in Pharoah's Bed by Mary Rose Pearson. It's an older publication dating back to 1995, but one worth looking for. We found ours online, (used) after a friend shared with me how great it was. Along with a bible story, it gives practical applications for everyday life and puzzles/games at the end of each devotional. We usually use this as our bedtime devo.

We are using My Father's World for our morning Bible Study. I love this one because it highlights religious practices in other parts of the world, as well as how Christianity has been introduced to the country and how we, as Christians, can help. It's easy to integrate geography/history into this curriculum.

Bible study is what we do first thing! By praising God and studying His word first thing just gets the day off to a great start!
    Blessings,
    Rhonda

It's Time4Learning. And Fun!

"Train a child in the way he should go and when he is old, he will not depart from it." Proverbs 22:6

MamaMary is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by five_blessed View Post
    We love a devotional book called Frog's in Pharoah's Bed by Mary Rose Pearson. It's an older publication dating back to 1995, but one worth looking for. We found ours online, (used) after a friend shared with me how great it was. Along with a bible story, it gives practical applications for everyday life and puzzles/games at the end of each devotional. We usually use this as our bedtime devo.

We are using My Father's World for our morning Bible Study. I love this one because it highlights religious practices in other parts of the world, as well as how Christianity has been introduced to the country and how we, as Christians, can help. It's easy to integrate geography/history into this curriculum.

Bible study is what we do first thing! By praising God and studying His word first thing just gets the day off to a great start!

Oooh that sounds so good. Off to see if I can find it now.
    Mary, Child of the King of Kings, Jesus Christ! Wife to best friend and Mama to her four boys 91, 96, 00, 02, Homeschooling since 1998! Come visit us on our blog! http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/