How many users do we have homeschooling from a "Biblical" worldview?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    MamaMary is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Default How many users do we have homeschooling from a "Biblical" worldview?

Good Morning Time4Learning users,

How many homeschoolers do we have homeschooling from a biblical worldview? Would you introduce yourself and share how you keep Christ in your educational program?
    Mary, Child of the King of Kings, Jesus Christ! Wife to best friend and Mama to her four boys 91, 96, 00, 02, Homeschooling since 1998! Come visit us on our blog! http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/

Lena is offline Member

I am. We do a variety of things, including reading from the Bible and basically, just talking about it throughout the day. It's not limited to "school time", if that makes sense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lena View Post
    I am. We do a variety of things, including reading from the Bible and basically, just talking about it throughout the day. It's not limited to "school time", if that makes sense.
    Lena, that makes total sense. It's so nice to meet you. I am so glad you're here
    Mary, Child of the King of Kings, Jesus Christ! Wife to best friend and Mama to her four boys 91, 96, 00, 02, Homeschooling since 1998! Come visit us on our blog! http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/

Laurieinwa is offline Junior Member Newbie

I am a christian homeschooler and just signed up with this program with trepidation. I have had complications from surgery and can't be teaching my children as much. Up to this point have been using total Christian publishers. We do Bible studies, pray together in the mornings. Attend church on Sunday's and Wednesday's, listen to Christian praise music and watch as many movies etc on Christian subjects ie science from a christian worldview etc.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Laurieinwa View Post
    I am a christian homeschooler and just signed up with this program with trepidation. I have had complications from surgery and can't be teaching my children as much. Up to this point have been using total Christian publishers. We do Bible studies, pray together in the mornings. Attend church on Sunday's and Wednesday's, listen to Christian praise music and watch as many movies etc on Christian subjects ie science from a christian worldview etc.
    Welcome Laurie,

I am so very glad you're here, but sorry that you are having complications from surgery. I pray the Lord would use Time4Learning to bless your family during this season of restoration.

HaPpiGurl is offline Junior Member Newbie

Hey! I am just starting T4L for the new year. I wanted something to supplement what I am already doing. Now, when I have a hectic schedule, we can still get it in some learning time. Looking forward to fellowshipping with y'all!
    -LG

groovyoldlady is offline Junior Member Newbie

I and my two girlies are here for a month as reviewers (I certainly couldn't review the site on my own!). Normally, we use unit studies (mostly KONOS or my own variations thereof) and MathUSee and Easy Grammar as well as a great deal of family reading. The girls are also quite active in 4-H and and our church's children's Bible memory program (Kids4Truth). We have Bible devotions together before bed, but we don't employ a Bible "curriculum". Instead we look up verses/passages as situations arise in our lives or our nations or in our friends' lives. We try to live out Duet 6:67, "And these words which I command you today shall be in your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, when you walk by the way, when you lie down, and when you rise up."

We're still bungling and tripping around the website trying to decide how we fit in, what we like, and what we don't like.

Beckyw21m29 is offline Junior Member Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by MamaMary View Post
    Good Morning Time4Learning users,

How many homeschoolers do we have homeschooling from a biblical worldview? Would you introduce yourself and share how you keep Christ in your educational program?
    We homeschool from a Biblical wordlview. We keep Christ the center of everything we do, so it is easy to apply it to homeschooling and t4l, to us. We are just dabbling with using T4L in a more encompassing way currently after the addition of child #9 and less grading time..lol. Jury is still out, but the children enjoy it.

As far as the how of what we do Biblically..we have a morning Bible study with Dad or Mom if he is running late..(or both like this morning if Mom needs to talk about attitudes..grin) We encourage Godliness in every area of life, from our relationships with each other to filtering the world around us and gleaning the good as from God's hand. There is not hardly an hour that goes by that someone is not reminded of turning their actions into something more God honoring (myself included)..

We are a military family currently living in Bamberg Germany. (and) like the above user, we also use Math U See, Easy Grammar, and a number of other staid teacher friendly materials! (That and the local library and every title imaginable!!) I sort of consider us an untraditional homeschooling family due to necessity, (more unschoolers)..so am eager to grab teaching lessons from every genre that presents itself. And, to bring it back on topic..the Word is presented at every opportunity!!

Blessings,
    Becky

SherriD is offline Junior Member

We are Christians, homeschooling for the first year (2nd grade). I am using T4L and ABEKA. We do a little of both each day. We, like others who have responded, try to use daily life to teach bible but do bible memorization as well. The ABEKA has a lot of bible interwoven in with the lessons in Science and History. Also the language pages have bible stories that have to do with comprehension, making sentences, etc. I have finally found a way to use both without overdoing it and my 8 yr old grandson loves science and history so much that he completed both the T4L sc & ss as well as the 2nd grade BEKA in same subjects and has been in 3rd grade ABEKA since Jan. The 3rd grade History is much more in depth and doesn't have any lean towards biblical teaching so I decided against goin on into it. T4L works well for a lot of people, as I read on here, but wasn't enough for us. I do like it because of the grading reports I can just print out and it makes learning fun for him!

five_blessed is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Hi Sherri! Welcome to the wonderful world of homeschooling! It sounds as if you have your school day well defined. I used A Beka with my first son for four years, and with my younger two for two years. We've also been using T4L for several years and it's been really great! I agree with you about the science and social studies. The main focus for T4L is the language arts and math and I don't think there's a program that can beat it! The science and SS is just a bonus, so we've found it necessary to supplement in those areas also. We have been using My Father's World for the first time, this year. So far, we've really liked it, as it gives us the opportunity to study Bible, geography, history and social studies all combined.

The main thing to us is that we have the FREEDOM to teach Bible! Praise God!

I look forward to hearing more from a great mom such as yourself! Thanks for stopping by~!

Blessings!
    Blessings,
    Rhonda

It's Time4Learning. And Fun!

"Train a child in the way he should go and when he is old, he will not depart from it." Proverbs 22:6

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast