How will you explain to your children...
Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By Sanfuus
  • 1 Post By Dee

Thread: How will you explain to your children...

??????? ?????? is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default How will you explain to your children...

In a world where there's no scientific proof of God's existence and of life after death how will you explain to your children why you brought them into the world and why they will have to die?

Sanfuus is offline Junior Member Newbie

That is such a great question. I use the answersingenesis.org website for lots of support for my students. I suggest you look there for resources for both adults and children.

HomeschoolingMommy is offline Junior Member Newbie

Additionally, while there is no existential proof of God's existence, there's also no existential proof of His non-existence.

It always amazes me that atheists will say "I don't believe in God because there's no proof." Really? Because...there's no proof He *doesn't* exist, either.

Ultimately, the answer is that your daughter will have to have faith, and you can show her many Bible verses about this. But this is really a GOOD thing that she's asking. It means she's moving from "just believing everything Mommy says" to thinking on her own. She needs (and should have) her *own* reasons to believe in the Lord.

Dee
    Dee is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

First of all, I do believe that there is scientific evidence that God exists. Like Sanfuus said, check out the Answers in Genesis site. They have tons of information. It is amazing how much evidence God left for us to discover if we truly want to know. The Bible says "The heavens declare the glory of God; And the firmament shows His handiwork." Psalm 19:1

"
    And one cried to another and said:

'Holy, holy, holy is the Lord of hosts;
    The whole earth is full of His glory!' " Isaiah 6:3

lovehmschlg likes this.
    Mom of 3
    boy '98, girl '00, boy '01 (Aspie)