Lesson Activities With Halloween or Secular Holiday Themes
    hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Default Lesson Activities With Halloween or Secular Holiday Themes

If you find a Lesson Activity with a Halloween or secular holiday theme , please post the Lesson Activity Number and any additional descriptive comments here, to help other parents decide if they might want to skip or discuss that activity with their children.

As with all of these "alert" threads, you do not necessarily have to object to the material yourself to post an alert. It's understood that everyone will have a different comfort level regarding various topics. The goal is to give parents the information they need to make decisions for their own families.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

3rd Grade Language Art Extensions, Lesson Activity #3221, page 7 - Provides a list of holidays to put in order of occurence. Halloween is one of these holidays.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

groovyoldlady is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Harry Houdini in Reacing Comp

I just signed up as a reviewer for T4L. I have to be honest and tell you I can't recall what grade level I signed my girls for. They are 9 and 11, but our homeschooling has been a bit ecclectic and I have no real concept of what "grade" they are in, though I think I put the 11 year-old down as a 5th or 6th grader. She started to do a reading comp assignment on T4L and it was about Harry Houdini. It was a rather creepy story about how he had died and every Halloween his wife tried to raise his spirit from the dead. We read about 3 ¶ and ditched the rest of the story. I'd be fine (perhaps) if it was a historical report, but it wasn't; It was a rather sensationalized reading assignment. I'd much rather have her read more wholesome passages!