“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.".....In the same way, shouldn't we live for God, love like God, put others above ourselves?....live and love sacrificially....

Little Moments that Matter

by Kurtis Wiles

When we think about applying punctuality in our lives, there are many practical ideas we can latch on to: look at the clock more often, pick out your clothes the night before, leave for work ten minutes earlier, and the list goes on.

But if we think about punctuality as doing the right thing at the right time out of respect for other people, we can apply this concept in an entirely different and exciting way!

Have you ever heard the phrase, “You just made my day”? The idea behind this statement is that you did something of significance at the exact time someone needed it. A single action was all that person needed to feel good, to feel right, to feel at peace about the day or the situation.

Little Things Matter
What if we were punctual in the little things every day? What if we smiled and said hello to the bus driver who is on her second shift, trying to support her five children? What if we delivered breakfast to a friend who was up all night taking care of family at the hospital? What if we opened the door for a perfect stranger whose hands are full? What if we just smile to those we pass by each day?

Opportunities abound to help someone here or encourage someone there. If we are not ready and willing to be punctual with our actions, we can miss our chance to make a difference in someone’s life.

You Never Know What Could Happen
A recent example of this involves two nine-year-old boys. Max, who had undergone numerous heart surgeries since birth, was walking into school with his mom when they met a new student who was also with his mother. Max saw that the new student had a skin abnormality on his face. Most of the kids had already shied away from this young boy, but Max walked right up to him grinning from ear to ear.

“Hey,” said Max, “you’re different, like me.” Max then pointed to his chest. “My different is just on the inside, that’s all. Do you want to be my friend? We can be different together, ya know?”

The new boy looked up at his mom, then back to Max, and smiled. With tears in her eyes, the boy’s mother leaned over to Max’s mom and whispered, “That is exactly what he needed right now.”

Moments like this don’t happen every day, but they will happen. Never underestimate the impact you can have on others by doing the right thing at the right time.