A little nervous
    greengoosepumpkin is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default A little nervous

We have been homeschooling our 3rd grader for a few months now. She is sick of her workbook based curriculum and I was looking for something new. I love the idea of time4learning because my daughter adores all thing computer. However, my daughter has always either been in private school or homeschooled. She has not ever been exposed to what I would call "objectionable content". From reading the last few posts, it sounds like the 3rd grade T4L is full of this kind of content (profane, evolutionary, or just crude content). I have no interest in exposing her to these ideas yet. I know we will need to one day, but my husband and I agree that she is still too young. Does anyone have any advice regarding how compatible T4L is with a Biblical worldview? Is it worth a try? (We are starting My Father's world with her sister in January, but can't start until then).

MamaMary is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by greengoosepumpkin View Post
    We have been homeschooling our 3rd grader for a few months now. She is sick of her workbook based curriculum and I was looking for something new. I love the idea of time4learning because my daughter adores all thing computer. However, my daughter has always either been in private school or homeschooled. She has not ever been exposed to what I would call "objectionable content". From reading the last few posts, it sounds like the 3rd grade T4L is full of this kind of content (profane, evolutionary, or just crude content). I have no interest in exposing her to these ideas yet. I know we will need to one day, but my husband and I agree that she is still too young. Does anyone have any advice regarding how compatible T4L is with a Biblical worldview? Is it worth a try? (We are starting My Father's world with her sister in January, but can't start until then).
    Hi There,

Welcome! This is such a great question. As a believer, I place great value on what goes into my boys heads and hearts. I have found that Time4Learning has allowed some incredible discussions in our home. If anything comes up in a lesson that does not line up with our beliefs it becomes a teachable moment. We pull out the Word of God and teach truth to dispel lies. This is what makes homeschooling so wonderful. We get to tailor education to line up with our educational goals and worldview beliefs.

Blessings,
    Mary, Child of the King of Kings, Jesus Christ! Wife to best friend and Mama to her four boys 91, 96, 00, 02, Homeschooling since 1998! Come visit us on our blog! http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/