Need Ideas for Easter
    lovehmschlg is offline Forum Moderator

Default Need Ideas for Easter

Hi!
    Can you all share some ideas of things you do with your kids for Easter?
    And do you do Easter baskets? If not, do you give them something else as an alternative?
    My teens like chocolate. So I try to give them a couple of their favorite chocolates. For my younger daughter, I may buy her a chocolate bunny when I don't do a basket.

My 17-yo daughter had an idea to invite their friends over to watch The Passion of The Christ movie. After the movie we're thinking of doing S'mores outside around a fire pit. I thought this was a great idea.

With our younger daughter, our homeschool support group has an Easter event where they read a story to the kids and talk about the meaning of Easter. Then all the kids have an Easter egg hunt for fun.

In years past we've been invited by friends who share the gospel with Resurrection Eggs.
    Here's a blog that explains how to do your own homemade resurrection eggs with printables!

I would love to hear your ideas!!!!

Brook Simmons is offline Senior Member

We have a Church member who invites everyone to do Pysanky eggs at her house. Its her family tradition and she treasures it more after her Russian mission. She explains the commonalities of the original custom and uses at symbols for own faith. Like the whiter the egg is for the younger of the person because it stand for purity.

I tell my daughter we celebrate Jesus Christs spirit in creations at spring time with all new births that will be happening and without Jesus Christs death and resurrection our sacrament would be meaningless. We really focus on New life, New beginnings and the meaning of the Atonement. I am hoping it will mean more to her with her baptism she just had this year.

We do an nontraditional basket which means I just fill an object up with some goodies but we stopped trying to find eggs with goodies in them a long time ago. Probably more that we still have snow on the ground here more than anything but I do not miss it and think it distracted childrens focuses on the moral of the holiday. I do dye Easter eggs there first year I teach them to cook because boiling eggs is there first lesson. Guess what lesson she gets this year Then after they boil eggs and we dye them I teach them how to devil them in a ziploc bag. Its shame they gave it that name.

I change the background of my computer with a new Easter picture focused around Christ.

I like the idea of watching videos that is what we did for Christmas.
    Last year I saw something that was interesting with a crescent roll and a marshmallow but I have gone Gluten free so many of my ideas are kind of thrown out of the window. Sugar cookies and the likes.

Brook, I'm going to change our background and screensaver on our laptops right now! That's a great idea! Thanks.

You know, I remember reading a blog post about devil eggs where she called them angel eggs. She included some recipes. I thought you might like to see it, so I found it for ya. Angel Eggs, Not Devil Eggs

Brook Simmons is offline Senior Member

You got me an Easter mood so We decided to learn about one of the wonders in the world. Easter Island and the Moai. It does cover there pagan beliefs and that the island is now an island of Catholics. They do also explain though that they believe this pagan belief to be the reason of there downfall.
    Currently watching the PBS one on youtube but I have watched others on different occasion around Easter time on learning channels.

That's very interesting! hmmmm.