New here, From TN and a Christian!
    volgirl is offline Junior Member

Talking New here, From TN and a Christian!

Hello all! I am new here, and while I have not "officially" signed my daughter up yet with T4L, I am planning to toward the end of next month. We live in Tennessee and my youngest who will be home schooling will be in 1st grade. We used Abeka Academy last year for her Kindergarten and while she did enjoy it, it became rather expensive, so we thought we would try this, along with some other things this year. We are excited about T4L and even more excited that there is a place for Christians using T4L to come and discuss. Thanks for that and I hope to "meet" all of you soon!

KrissyStLouis is offline Junior Member

Hello there! I'm Krissy, and I'm a Christian mom of 4. They are 10, 8, 4, and 2 months... I've been homeschooling them for a few years. My elder two went to some public school. We still feel like newbies, I think because we've been through several changes during our homeschool adventure. We've moved several times, been through several jobs (relocations), and I've held some jobs, too. Plus there is the pregnancy and birth of my most recent....

Anyway, I feel we haven't really given homeschooling our "all" the past year, so this year coming... we enlisted T4L to help me with that. Hope it goes well.

We are also using the My Father's World 4 year cycle... although it's been a year between year one and year two... and Rod and Staff English, too... for a more indepth "old fasioned" style of English...(very hard core grammar and diagramming)...

We live just outside of St. Louis, MO, and have only been here about 5-6 months now. I don't really have family or friends or anyone... just us... we feel a little isolated in a busy city...

Looking forward to getting to know more Christian T4L users, too.

littletfarms is offline Member

Welcome! I hope you enjoy T4L. I homeschool 3 plus I have one that graduated our homeschool . We live in Mississippi just across stateline from Memphis, TN. What area of TN do you live in?
    Denise in MS
    Homeschooling 4 blessings for 14 years.
    DD93, DS95, DS98, DD00

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by littletfarms View Post
    Welcome! I hope you enjoy T4L. I homeschool 3 plus I have one that graduated our homeschool . We live in Mississippi just across stateline from Memphis, TN. What area of TN do you live in?
    So sorry I am just now responding. Have not been on here in a week or so.

Wow! A home school graduate. You must be so very proud! I did home school my oldest for two years, but we figured out that the classroom setting at the local Christian school that she came out of suited her best, so she is back there this year in 4th grade. My youngest of course loves home school and T4L. She looks forward to school and the Lang. Arts is her favorite.

We live about 2 1/2 hours east of Memphis. We go to Mississippi a lot to shop, as Corinth, MS is only about 45 min. away from our small town here. Our goal is to one day, move to east Tennessee, like Knoxville, or Townsend. We just love it up there. And there seems to be more opportunity for my hubby up there. He really is in need of a new job.

Sorry to ramble. Glad to meet you. We are part of a local home school group here. Are you part of one where you live?

Are you near Finger, TN by chance?
    Denise in MS
    DD93, DS95, DS98, DD00

Quote Originally Posted by littletfarms View Post
    Are you near Finger, TN by chance?
    Well, I am actually in Savannah. My mom was born in Finger.

My grandfather still lives there. Why do you ask? I did think anyone outside of this small area knew of Finger!

We have friends that go to church in Finger. They go to Finger Christian Fellowship. My children stayed with another family from that congregation a couple of years ago. Their last name is Mast.
    Denise in MS
    DD93, DS95, DS98, DD00