New Start

Thread: New Start

David's dad is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default New Start

To all caring parents,
    I just want to share our situation. We moved to Pichilemu, Chile in December 2011 to be here for at least one year. My wife will study the bible for 8 months and I will support her in that and we also support a church plant in the mountains. We were praying between the options of sending David to a local public school or home school. I searched and searched the internet and found time4learning. We are going to start classes Monday March 5. There were plenty of public school options but 1) David is not fluent in Spanish yet, 2) kids in this town are not always kids to foreigners 3) after praying God showed us home school will be more positive and productive. As for social interaction there are plenty of kids in our neighborhood, church and on the mission base that he gladly interacts and plays with.
    Please respond to me if you have any words of encouragement. Thanks shawn
    Train up a child in the way he should go,
    And when he is old he will not depart from it.
    Proverb 22:6 (NKJV)

unovoce is offline Junior Member Newbie

Hi Shawn! Thanks for sharing about your family's move to Chile and the work you're doing there. I imagine this is an exciting and challenging time for all of you, and I pray the you'll be blessed in all you efforts to serve the Lord. It sounds like homeschooling is a new adventure for you too and that you've been connecting with others for support. I work with Focus on the Family, and we're here to encourage parents in any way we can. I thought I'd let you know about some helpful articles on homeschooling on our website. You didn't say how old David is, but maybe he'd like Clubhouse magazine. You can call 1-800-A/FAMILY (232-6459) to inquire about receiving it. We also hear from "kids" of all ages who enjoy Adventures in Odyssey. Look for the links to listen to the programs online. And if you're looking for more ways to interact with other parents, check out our Online Communities. I wish you all the best!

littletfarms is offline Member

Many blessings to your family! I am always thankful for those that are willing to commit their lives to mission work It sounds like you've made some major life changes, to say the least. Your son will be blessed by your example.
    Denise in MS
    Homeschooling 4 blessings for 14 years.
    DD93, DS95, DS98, DD00