Questions about 1st Grade Content
    illiana92802 is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Questions about 1st Grade Content

Hello. My name is Beth. My son Luke is six years old and in the first grade. We just joined Time 4 Learning and are very excited to be trying their math program. We're also pleased that we can supplement his language and science program as well. For others that have used and are using the first grade content, is there anything that I should watch out for that would be contradictory to a Christian/Catholic perspective? Any insights will be helpful to us. Thank you.

Beth

MamaMary is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Questions about 1st Grade Content

Hi Beth,

Welcome to the Time4Learning forums. I love your question and completely understand as it was one of my concerns as well. Time4Learning is a secular curriculum, but I have found it to be an EXCELLENT choice for language arts (phonics) and math. We are pretty strict with wanting a biblical worldivew/young earth creationist perspective so I use other things for history and science. In 1st grade I've not noticed anything that would cause any hesitation. I did notice that I had to watch the topics in the Language arts extensions as they started to get older. One of the best things to do is go to "Parent Login" https://www.time4learning.com/login/parent.html and sign in.

It will allow you to look at the lesson plans ahead of time. I love the language arts extensions so much that I still do them, but check ahead and skip ones that cause me to pause.

We are beginning our third year with Time4Learning and my children have made more gains in their basic skills than any other program we've used in the past. We've been HS'ing since 1998. I LOVE IT!

HTH,
    Mary
    Mary, Child of the King of Kings, Jesus Christ! Wife to best friend and Mama to her four boys 91, 96, 00, 02, Homeschooling since 1998! Come visit us on our blog! http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Beth, I want to welcome you to the forum!

One of the animated science lessons about amphibians says something very subtle that alludes to Darwinism. Other than that, I have found nothing in the first grade that should be objectionable to most Christians.

If you do find something, please take time to post the information in one of the "stuck" threads on this forum. We're trying to create a resource for Christians using a secular curriculum. Thanks!

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

illiana92802 is offline Junior Member Newbie

Many thanks to you that responded to my question. I'm pretty excited to be starting the curriculum today. I hope my son becomes just as excited. God Bless.