School Year 2009-2010
    rockymountainmom is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default School Year 2009-2010

Hi and I hope you are all enjoying the nice summer we are having. It's time to think about getting back into the swing of things. The boys learned some new things this summer that we will be incorporating into our school year. My 7 year old taught himself cursive, and my 4 year old can now write his name. Did your children hit any milestones this summer?

We plan on schooling 4 days per week. The kids attend a homeschool enrichment program all day on Wednesdays. What does your fall schedule look like and how do you plan on incorporating T4L into your school day?

~Heather, moderator

skimomma is offline Junior Member Newbie

Hi there!
    We had a fun summer too. It went by quickly and all the rain was nice. Colorado seemed very green!
    I homeschool my 11 year old. We started 2 years ago. She also attends a homeschool program called Options. I love the support we gain and give and the opportunities are wonderful. Drama and music are her favorites.
    We just signed up for Time 4 Learning. I was thinking about trying SOS - Switched On Schoolhouse. But, the website was tediously slow and confusing. Then after reading the reviews, I decided against it and stumbled upon T4L. So far it's exactly what we needed and wanted. I plan on using it for Language Arts and Math. We used Math U See before, so I will see if we will combine that and use T4L as a supplement. Since she goes to "school" one day a week, we homeschool the other 4. I used Sonlight last year and we loved it, but since she is my only one schooling, it was a little too much one on one for her and she likes the time on the computer.....entertaining and educational.
    Those milestones are so great! Cursive on his own is really good! I saw milestones in that she grew in responsibility and she is more vocal about being thankful for the gift of homeschooling. Yeah for the freedom to do so!
    Good to meet you here! I hope your school year is a good one!

MadCOMama is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Re: School Year 2009-2010

We are Catholic homeschoolers, and we use textbooks, and have added Time4Learning to supplement our bookwork. We have kids in grades K, 3, 6, 9, and 12. The oldest 2 are pretty independent w/their work, and I work w/the two youngest guys the most. My daughter is in the middle (6th grade), and she does most of her work on her own, but enjoys time alone w/me (she has five brothers in all!). Our oldest is a graduate, in college.

The kids did COVA last year (4 of them), but this year we decided we wanted more flexibility. We are enjoying using Time4Learning for math, language arts, and science. It is reinforcing what they know, and helping them to learn new skills more quickly. I am blessed to have bright kids who enjoy learning, so it's not difficult to get them to work. But I can only help one child at a time, so T4L really helps me to relax and know they're still learning/working, even when I am not with them, one-on-one!

Anyone else in the Northern CO area? We are near Boulder.

JoAnn in CO

rockymountainmom is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Re: School Year 2009-2010

I am in Thornton. We attend the Homeschool Connection Program through Jeffco schools. It's one day per week.