Welcome to the Colorado State Forum!
    jpenn is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Default Welcome to the Colorado State Forum!

Welcome to the Colorado State Forum!

Hi! My name is Jackie, and I'm the moderator for the Colorado homeschooling forum. This forum is designed to be a source of information, resources, support, and encouragement to those of you homeschooling in "The Centennial State".

If you are new to homeschooling in Colorado, you might want to check out our Colorado Homeschooling Information page where you will meet Laura and Heather. They briefly discuss favorite resources (with links), state laws, curriculum options, and more. You also might want to download our free "Welcome to Homeschooling" guide. It is comprehensive without being overwhelming. If you are new to Time4Learning, here are two resources that will help you navigate our system and answer questions you might have. Getting Started Guide Hints and Help

If you'd like to keep up with everything going on in this forum, you can easily subscribe by clicking on the "Forum Tools" button in the upper right of the group main page, then clicking on "subscribe to this forum" in the dropdown box. That way you won't miss any of the great info or discussions.

I hope you will feel free to ask questions, post comments and share information (you could even vent if you need to! ) about anything related to Colorado homeschooling.

Thanks for stopping by...why not take a minute and introduce yourself below? I know everyone, including myself, would LOVE to meet you or reconnect!

Happy Homeschooling!
    Joyfully,
    Jackie

Unregistered Guest

Default New to Colorado

Hi,
    My name is Lisa and I have been homeschooling for 19 years. We are moving to Colorado Springs soon. Actually my husband has already moved and I am waiting to sell the house to follow.

I have a senior in College (Utah State University) a Senior in Highschool and a Freshman..all boys. We are so excited to find out what Colorado is all about and the Home school adventures that my Highschooler and I will encounter.

Having just embarked upon this journey I am seeking information on Colorado homeschool regulations, opportunities for advanced learning and ways to enhance the last 3 years of my youngest child's educational journey in our home.

If you have any advice, information or tidbits of wisdom to share - we would love to learn.
    Thanks,
    Lisa

JPBinCO is offline Junior Member Newbie

Hi!
    I'm JoAnn, homeschooling mom of 6 great kids ages 8 through 21. Oldest 2 are in college and out of the house now (CU Boulder). My third child is a FT student at Front Range Community College (16 years old). We are currently homeschooling the youngest 3, ages 8, 11, and 13. We have 3 dogs, 2 rats, and 1 cat. Husband Kenny and I have been married almost 23 years. We've enjoyed Time4Learning as a fun way for the kids to do some academic work, but we also do a lot of other things on our own (Life of Fred math, lots of literature, piano and voice, choir and musical theater, and lots of traveling!). Good to be here!