Connecticut Homeschool Conference Next Week
    fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Default Connecticut Homeschool Conference Next Week

Connecticut’s statewide inclusive homeschool support network, CHN, will hold their homeschooling conference in just three weeks, on October 6, 2007 in Hamden.

The guest speaker is Peter Kowalke, he is the producer, videographer, and editor of Grown Without Schooling, a documentary about adults who were homeschooled as children.

Children and Teens are welcome and there are special activities planned for them.

For more information, see the information on the Connecticut Homeschool Network site.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota

Unregistered Guest

Post NOI...can they make you sign

I am getting ready to homeschool my son, I wanted to know in the state of CT can they force you legally to sign a Notice of Intent

fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

This is an area that has often been discussed. The law says that all children between 5 and 17 must be educated. It does allow for homeschooling. But the law does not specifically address homeschooling. There are a set of guidelines that have been created to guide parents in what to do. One of these guidelines is to file a Notice of Intent. I'm not sure how legally binding this "guideline" can be. HSLDA seems to feel that you should file a letter of intent. Others say no. I think it is important for you to research the law and make your own decision. I'm certainly not an attorney and can not give you legal advice. I would suggest that you check out the A to Z website and the HSLDA website. Then talk to other homeschoolers in your area to see what they have done. Perhaps some of the other parents on here will share what they have done.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota