Homeschooling in Connecticut
    fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Default Homeschooling in Connecticut

What is your favorite thing about homeschooling in Connecticut? Do you have a least favorite thing? What is it like for you in Connecticut?
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota

Momma Crystal is offline Senior Member

Favorite thing? No oversight. No one bothers me. I don't have to report to anyone. If I choose not to fill out the notice of intent then the school district is not obligated to ask me for a portfolio review and I like it that way. On the flip side... if I do fill out the NOI the portfolio review is very easy. You only have to show learning occurred and nothing else. So a few worksheets or the like in each subject is all you need.

Other great things? We are close to everything. Boston... NYC... the shore... the mountains... hiking... LOTS of museums. SO many things to take advantage of!

Least favorite thing? I'm having a heck of a hard time finding a group that is close enough to belong to. I tried to start one but the families that joined had a very different life philosophy. I got into another and barely any one shows up. I think I'm going to try the co-op at the Lutz museum this year.

Over all in CT life is good!

fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Thanks for sharing with us Momma Crystal.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota